What is 5% Hydroquinone Topical Solution Epilite®
Epilite® Topical Solution is used in the treatment of melasma. It is a skin-lightening medicine that lightens the darkened skin patches and spots (hyperpigmentation). It reduces the amount of skin-darkening pigment called melanin in the skin. It helps in reversible depigmentation of the skin.
Epilite® Topical Solution is for external use only. You should use it in the dose and duration as advised by your dermatologist and under medical supervision. You must wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying for this medicine. This medicine should be used regularly to get the most benefit from it. Do not use more than you need as some side effects may be increased. Do not use longer than 2 months in a row, interchange Epilite with some natural skin lighteners like Arbutin or Azelaic Acid.
Epilite® Topical Solution has a few potential side effects but not everyone will get them. These may include dry skin, itching, skin burn, skin peeling, and skin redness. Serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare but let your doctor know if you’re bothered by side effects or they do not go away. Make sure you read the instructions that come with your medicine. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of accidental contact, you should rinse eyes thoroughly with water. You can start applying Epilite Topical Solution to a small portion of unbroken skin or near the pigmented area for a period of several days for checking allergic reactions. You should discontinue it if itching, excessive inflammation or swelling occurs. If no improvement is seen after two months of treatment, the use of this product should be discontinued.
Pregnant, becoming pregnant or breastfeeding women should not use this product or only after their doctor consultation.
Contraindications of 5% Hydroquinone Topical Solution Epilite®
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Acute inflammation (including eczema) lesions of the skin (dermatitis, seborrhea, and others.)
- Rosacea, skin lesions (wounds, burns, etc.), photosensitivity
- Diseases of the rectum, of liver or kidney, Addison’s disease
- Asthma, allergic to sulfites, or to any of the components of the cream
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the cream (discontinue use and consult a doctor if you have any of these symptoms of an allergic reaction: hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat).