What is Retin A Micro® gel microsphere
Retino-A Micro® gel is a high-quality cosmeceutical grade tretinoin gel in a microsphere formulation for the topical treatment of acne vulgaris and wrinkle treatments as well, which uses a patented technology Microsponge® – for the delivery of active substances to the skin, to enable inclusion of the active ingredient, tretinoin, in an aqueous gel. Retino-A Micro gel has two strengths: moderate 0.04% and strong 0.1%. Tretinoin microsphere gel has all the capabilities of a simple plain all-trans retinoic acid but with a technologically new penetration and delivery systems called Microsponge®.
Microsponge® is the most technologically advanced time-release formula with the micro-gel base for deeper skin penetration, it absorbs faster with special microsponge molecular delivery system, reducing skin irritations and redness, promoting faster results and benefits. There are three main types of topical tretinoin – a cream, a gel, and a microsphere. There is often some confusion when talking about several different formulations, tretinoin vs tretinoin microsphere, so let’s review the difference between them.
Our Retino-A Micro is a topical gel with an active Vitamin A metabolite that is used to reduce and gradually remove the appearance of wrinkles, pimples, blackheads, age spots, and the roughness of facial skin while also facilitating the disappearance of darker and lighter spots. Given its oil-free nature, it is also suitable for people with oily skin. Retin A Micro gel must be used with a total skin care and sunlight avoidance program. FDA approved Retino-A Micro gel as one of the most effective solutions that minimize the signs and severity of acne vulgaris.
Retino-A Micro gel prevents the reappearance of blackheads, pimples and other skin disorders by blocking the hardening processes of the outer layer of the skin. It also facilitates the shedding of old skin cells to better promote the formation and growth of new ones. It also improves skin pigmentation by speeding up melanin elimination processes in the skin. Once we combine all these effects together, we get a product that not only speeds up skin cell turnover, but it also clears up blackheads, pimples and other acne symptoms that could be so hard to get rid of under normal circumstances.
Not all the tretinoin gels are the microsphere formula. The regular gel is not a time-release formula, and the gel itself contains a high amount of denatured alcohol. Plain simple tretinoin gel is clear – you can find it here. The tretinoin gel Microsphere formula does not contain as much denatured alcohol and is an opaque, yellowish color. The difference is that tretinoin gel Microsphere uses a special delivery system called Microsponge, which is composed of tiny, sphere-shaped particles with a porous surface. The porous surface allows for a sustained flow of the tretinoin out of the sphere and is what makes tretinoin gel Microsphere a time-release product. It’s worth noting that the spheres are so small that you hardly see or feel them in the product. This Retin A tretinoin microsphere gel has two different concentrations: Retino-A Micro 0.04% gel and Retino-A Micro 0.1% gel.
The exact mode of action of tretinoin is unknown, current evidence suggests that the effectiveness of tretinoin in acne is due primarily to its ability to modify abnormal follicular keratinization. Comedones form in follicles with an excess of keratinized epithelial cells. Tretinoin promotes detachment of cornified cells and the enhanced shedding of corneocytes from the follicle. By increasing the mitotic activity of follicular epithelia, tretinoin also increases the turnover rate of thin, loosely-adherent corneocytes. Through these actions, the comedo contents are extruded and the formation of the microcomedo, the precursor lesion of acne vulgaris, is reduced.
Additionally, tretinoin acts by modulating the proliferation and differentiation of epidermal cells. These effects are mediated by tretinoin’s interaction with a family of nuclear retinoid receptors. Activation of these nuclear receptors causes changes in gene expression. The exact mechanisms whereby tretinoin-induced changes in gene expression regulate skin function are not understood.
Benefits of Retin A Micro® tretinoin gel
- Microsponge technology in Retino-A Micro® tretinoin gel actively absorbed and provides a more consistent treatment of acne, without irritation, in comparison with the conventional plain tretinoin gels.
- Proprietary Microsponge formula reduces side effects such as dryness, redness, and irritation;
- Retino-A Micro® tretinoin gel reduces the production of sebum, relieves inflammation, exfoliates dead cells;
- Totally removes dark spots after acne and actively heals existing inflammation;
- Retino-A Micro® tretinoin gel effectively rejuvenates the skin, evens tone and wrinkles, by the way, it is approved by FDA.
Do not use Retino-A Microsphere® gel
- If children under 12 years, or pregnant or planning to be pregnant in the following 3 months, lactation;
- Acute inflammation (including eczema) lesions of the skin (dermatitis, seborrhea, and others);
- Rosacea, skin lesions (wounds, burns, etc.), photosensitivity, diseases of the rectum;
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the gel (discontinue use and consult a dermatologist).
Side effects of Retino-A Micro® gel
Side effects from using Retin A Micro gel reaches a peak within the first week of treatment, and then spontaneously go away: scaling, dryness, burning, redness; increased sensitivity to sunlight and UV rays.
Rarely (in 5-12% of cases): erythema, itching, temporary hyperpigmentation (possible with multiple application of tretinoin).
How to use Retino-A Micro® gel
- Always consult to your dermatologist prior starting to use of Retin A Micro® gel;
- Before using Retino-A Micro® gel apply the cleanser and wait until complete drying of the skin (20 minutes);
- Apply topically Retino-A Micro® gel a thin layer on the entire affected surface 1 time a day in the evening, avoiding contact with eyes and mucous membrane of the lips;
- Later, when skin used to Retino-A Micro® gel you may apply 1-2 times a day for 1-6 hours and then washed off with warm water;
- For people with fair and dry skin exposure time at the beginning of the treatment is 30 minutes, the duration of exposure can be gradually increased;
- Avoid the use of other products in the treated areas (at least 1 hour after application of tretinoin), if there is dry (after an hour of applying the gel), apply a moisturizer;
- The result will be seen after 1-4 weeks of treatment. Treatment time – 3-4 months and as directed by a dermatologist.
Usage recommendations Retino-A Micro® tretinoin gel
Do not get Retino-A Micro gel in the eyes, mouth, vagina or the corners of the nose. Use it exactly as directed by your dermatologist, and do not use more of it or more often than prescribed; it will not work any better or faster and may cause more side effects. Strongly not recommended to use Retino-A Micro® gel if you have wounds, burns or symptoms of eczema, dermatitis or rosacea. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of the drug. If any of the symptoms of allergy – contact your dermatologist immediately. Do not use for a week or two after the irritating procedures (peels, hair removal, etc.). The use of excessive amounts does not give rapid effect, but on the contrary, can make the skin more irritable and dry.
A transient sense of warmth and a slight burning sensation may be noted after application, excessive dryness of the skin, it is a sign that we should reduce the frequency of applications, and possibly the numbers. If this does not work, apply the gel on 5-40 minutes and rinse with water. Your skin should gradually adapt to it. Also if there are dry, it is necessary to use moisturizer for better therapy.
Users with hypersensitivity to the sun should exercise particular caution. When applied topically should protect skin from exposure to sunlight and artificial UV-exposure, wind, cold. Having a tan, treatment should begin after the weakening of tanning. If contact with mucous membranes of the mouth, rinse with water, do not use with products which have irritation or desiccating properties (for example, sulfur, resorcinol, salicylic acid, containing alcohol and others.). Avoid contact with the peel of lime. In the early weeks of therapy, may occur exacerbation of inflammatory lesions, but this should not be considered as a reason to discontinue wrinkle treatment therapy.