How hydroquinone 4 USP Melalite skin lightening cream works
Melalite 4 hydroquinone USP cream also known as quinol or short name HQ, skin lightening cream made by reputable Abbott Labs. Melalite cream for normal to oily/combination and dry skin helps limit skin from creating an excess amount of melanin, which is what gives skin its color. Too much melanin clustered together leads to the brown spots and freckles. Melalite cream steps in to interrupt this process, causing brown spots to gradually fade.
HQ 4.0 Melalite cream can be helpful for old, stubborn and advanced brown/dark spots. In not as severe cases it is recommended to use not so strong cream. For weak hypopigmentation issues better suitable hydroquinone HQ 2, azelaic, kojic, and glycolic acids, with vitamin c solutions. See impressive results fast with Melalite HQ 4 USP cream.
Melalite HQ 4.0 cream releases certain enzymes that block the production of melanin to make the skin a lot lighter and brighter in tone, decreasing skin pigmentation and dark patches. Since the amount of melanin is decreased by active ingredient quinol and enzymes, the darker skin gradually lightens to match overall lighter skin tone color. HQ 4 cream is also effectively used in combination with retinoids to maximize skin lightening and exfoliating effect.
Getting the most benefit from hydroquinone 4 Melalite cream
With daily usage, Melalite hydroquinone 4 cream produce visible results within 1-2 months (4-8 weeks) of consistent use. Always use Melalite HQ 4 USP skin lightening cream with caution, in small amounts and under strict dermatologist supervision, also with strong SPF sun blockers (important to reapply regularly), moisturizers, wearing big sunglasses within total sun avoidance program, it is an essential part to achieving great results with Melalite cream. If used as directed by the dermatologist with strict sun protection measures, this decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
It’s essential for quinol product be packaged in an opaque metallic container that minimizes air exposure. Quinol degrades in the presence of air, that’s why hydroquinone 4 cream packaged in a metal tube, not in a jar. Once the jar is opened it lets air in, and the hydroquinone loses its potency.
How to use Melalite hydroquinone 4 percent skin lightening cream
- First, always test skin for sensitivity before each use. Do that by applying a patch of the cream to a small area on the hyper-pigmented skin.
- If no itching or redness occurs within 24 hours, you may begin the application.
- Clean and dry the skin before use. Apply a thin film of cream twice a day to the areas in need of treatment. Rub into the skin.
- Apply just enough to cover the affected areas and avoid applying to the unaffected skin, as hydroquinone will lighten those areas as well. Wash your hands after use.
- Do not apply near the eyes, mouth, and other mucous membranes. Avoid using other topical and peroxide products in the same area at the same time unless directed by your dermatologist.
- When using cosmetics, sunscreens, and moisturizing lotions, apply hydroquinone first, then wait several minutes before applying other products on top of it.
Melalite HQ 4.0 skin lightening cream side effects
HQ 4 is very well tolerated, some users may experience minor and temporary skin irritations including mild itching or stinging and reddening of the skin (irritant contact dermatitis). If these do not subside stop using the cream. Also, very rare side effects appear – dryness, fissuring of paranasal and infraorbital areas, erythema, mild stinging or occasional hypersensitivity.
Strictly advised not to use hydroquinone 4 creams during a prolonged period of time, max 3-4 months in a row. To avoid side effects, and undesirable conditions and just to restore your skin, strongly recommended to interchange quinol cream with skin lightening azelaic acid 20% cream.
How long does Melalite hydroquinone 4 skin lightening cream take to work
- Melalite cream should be applied strictly only to affected areas twice a day, in the morning and just before bedtime, or as directed by your dermatologist.
- If no improvement is seen after 2 months of usage, the use of Melalite HQ 4 should be discontinued immediately.
- If any skin bleaching effect is not experienced after a period of 3 months, Melalite HQ 4 cream shouldn’t be used anymore.
- Once your skin has become lighter you can continue using the cream or stop using it as recommended by your dermatologist.
- It is not recommended using Melalite HQ 4 percent creams longer than 3-4 months in a row, would better to mix it with 3 months of Azelaic Acid 20% cream for skin restoration.
- Review hydroquinone 4 before and after pictures to determine how effective Melalite cream is in treating hyperpigmentation and skin discoloration issues.