What is Azelaic Acid 20% / 10% cream/gel
Azelaic acid cream/gel branded as Aziderm® is produced by reputable Micro Labs. 10 to 20 percent azelaic acid is used to treat mild to moderate rosacea (a skin condition marked by red eruptions, usually on the cheeks and nose.) Azelaic acid may also be used for purposes not listed in product’s guide/description, such as skin lightening purposes.
Azelaic acid cream for rosacea working successfully as well as a skin bleaching agent for the treatment of melasma, freckles and other types of hyperpigmentation. Azelaic acid originated from grains like wheat, rye, and barley. For something that’s made out of yeast, it’s surprisingly effective. Azelaic acid 20% strength firstly used as a topical antibacterial acne-fighting solution. Azelaic acid belongs to a class of strong cosmeceuticals called dicarboxylic acids and treats bacterial-related acne by killing the bacteria in pores while simultaneously reducing inflammation and decreasing the production of keratin, which is a natural substance that promotes the growth of acne bacteria.
Highly concentrated azelaic acid widely used as a natural skin lightening ingredient, it even stronger than hydroquinone 2%. As Azelaic Acid started catching on as an acne treatment, dermatologists began to notice it came with valuable side effects – changes in skin pigmentation or simply said – skin lightening properties of azelaic acid is very potent and noticeable if used prolonged (for 2-3 months in a row) topically, also cosmetologists considered medicated azelaic acid products as one of a main daily skin care routine products to prevent formation of acne.
Some extra benefit of azelaic acid cream main component – it is great for acne prone skin so those suffering from constant breakouts or mild to moderate acne can get relief from active acne as well as faster fading for acne spots. Oily skinned beauties can rejoice as well – this all natural skin lightening comes with mattifying benefits.
Azelaic Acid 20 cream – strong natural skin lightener
Aziderm® 20% azelaic acid cream/gel lotion works as an all-natural unpredictably powerful skin lightening agent while successfully assisting acne and rosacea sufferers as well. This particular ingredient is typically well tolerated and can be used for extended periods of time safely, making it a wonderful product to incorporate into your skincare regimen. Azelaic acid skin lightening power comparable to hydroquinone 2% ingredient, even stronger. Recommended alternating periodically both these great ingredients while lightening your skin during treatment stable stubborn hyperpigmentation issues like melasma or dark skin patches.
20 percent azelaic acid’s cream/gel skin lightening effect isn’t just a little side effect – it’s a huge part of what this natural bleaching component does. When cream applied topically, azelaic acid 10% – 20% ingredient lightens your overall skin tone by reducing melanin production actioning from within, which it does by inhibiting the enzyme tyrosinase – an enzyme that stimulates melanin production in the epidermis, the same way as its chemical hydroquinone component does.
Azelaic acid 20% cream/gel Aziderm® works to combat hyper-pigmentation by suppressing the growth of abnormal melanocytes (simply, melanin-producing cells) that lead to cases like melasma, lentigo maligna, and other hyper-pigmentation problems. It does so by inhibiting the DNA synthesis of abnormal pigment-producing pigment cells and killing them gradually. Azelaic acid cream/gel is selective when it comes to targeting pigment-producing cells – it’s been shown to have very little effect on normally pigmented skin like freckles, but is much more active against hyper-pigmentation caused by abnormal melanin synthesis, which makes it an ideal choice when you’re looking to get rid of hyperpigmentation disorders naturally.
Azelaico acido cream/gel is surprisingly effective for skin lightening purposes as a natural ingredient found in yeast. A medical study showed that a 20% azelaic acid was effective for lightening the skin of 75% of the participants in just 10 weeks. Another 10-week study in South America found that a 20% concentration of azelaic acid was equivalent to 2% hydroquinone in the treatment of melasma, whereas another study conducted in the Philippines found that 20% azelaic acid was superior to 2% hydroquinone, so now you can imagine how strong that natural ingredient is.
How does Azelaic Acid 20% Aziderm® cream work
Aziderm 10 to 20 percent azelaic acid cream/gel is a topical antibacterial lotion that helps the skin naturally renew itself a lot more quickly and efficiently, thus reducing the formation of pimples and blackheads. Given its antibacterial nature, it also kills bacteria that cause acne in many patients. Calms down, treat and lightens rosacea redness. Azelaic acid cream for rosacea may also be used in cases of hair loss of both men and women. Aziderm azelaic acid gel/cream widely used as a skin lightening solution as well as chemical peel exfoliator.
Azelaic acid component in Aziderm cream/gel has a special formulation system called Micronize®, it means that micronized azelaic acid active ingredients will be delivered into your skin maximally deep and in maximally allowed by your skin quantities. Then 10% to 20% active azelaic acid substance penetrates the skin, each smallest pore, making it sterile and inhibits the growth of bacteria directly responsible for documented skin inflammation and irritation. Aziderm azelaic acid otc cream/gel is also a great help in preventing the bacteria-induced production of acne-promoting fatty acids. These two facts alone make this product the ultimate blackhead and pimple – destroyer. Ten or twenty percent azelaic acid cream hinders the formation of new skin cells in the so-called comedones, thus preventing the further spread of acne.
Benefits of 20% azelaic acid cream/gel
- It’s a safest, all-natural FDA-approved alternative to hydroquinone which makes it an effective, super skin-friendly antibacterial bleaching agent if you have sensitive, acne-prone, oily and easily irritated skin;
- It’s antibacterial, sterile and anti-inflammatory acid is very effective in eliminating acne-causing bacteria, recommended by dermatologists worldwide;
- 10%-20% azelaic acid cream/gel makes it a two-in-one product if you’re looking to lighten skin and banish breakouts, pimples, and skin imperfections at the same time;
- It’s safe for all skin tones, which makes it particularly good for those with darker or lighter skin types, dermatologically tested with flawless results on different skin types;
- Highly effective for brightening dull skin and evening out your complexion, dark hyperpigmentation spots, melasma treatment;
- It leaves your normally pigmented skin alone without any changes while targeting abnormal melanocytes, making azelaic acid cream particularly good for people who’re looking to fade a tan or get rid of hyperpigmentation problems like melanoma, melasma, chloasma, dark/red spots caused by acne while leaving natural freckles mostly intact.
Downsides of 20 Azelaic acid cream
- You have always to consult with your dermatologist prior to starting using 20 azelaic acid cream/gel;
- Azelaic acid isn’t very effective against normal pigmentation, freckles and age spots. Hydroquinone proves more effective for that;
- Azelaic acid alone, even strong 20 percent concentration cream, only goes so far – you can expect to get two to three shades lighter skin tone;
- To get the most skin whitening/lightening benefits with azelaic acid (effects that are comparable to 2-percent hydroquinone) it should be used prolonged for 3-5 months.
How to use Azelaic Acid 20
- Use Aziderm azelaic acid exactly as prescribed by your doctor;
- Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label;
- Apply the cream or gel twice a day, in the morning, and in the evening to get the best results;
- Wash the skin with a mild soap or soap-free cleanser, rinse the surface with water;
- Apply a tiny amount to the tip of your clean fingers, and gently rub it into the skin;
- Do not cover the lotioned skin;
- Use medical grade sunscreens with SPF 15 or higher.
Precautions, when not to use Aziderm® azelaic acid cream/gel
You should not use Aziderm azelaic acid 10% – 20% gel/cream if you are allergic to azelaic acid or propylene glycol. Avoid getting cream or gel in your eyes, nose, mouth, rectum, or vagina. Do not use on sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, irritated, or broken skin. Wait until these conditions have healed before using this medication. Do not cover the area after applying a cream. Doing so could cause too much medicine to be absorbed by your body and could be harmful. It may take up 4 weeks or longer before your symptoms improve. Keep using Aziderm as directed and tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 12 weeks of treatment.
If you have excessive burning, dryness, or irritation, ask your doctor about using azelaic acid cream/gel once daily. Azelaic acid is not expected to harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment. It is not known whether azelaic acid passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use azelaic acid 10% – 20% gel/cream without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
- If pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding;
- Are allergic to azelaic acid or any of Aziderm cream/gel components;
- Under straight sunlight, skin is very sensitive to the sun after azelaic acid application.
How long to use Azelaic Acid 20 percent to see results
Gradual improvements after azelaic acid cream/gel usage can be seen after a course of four weeks, but in case of acne, it may take an additional few weeks to see the positive results. OTC azelaic acid 1o – 20 percent cream/gel can be used as a source of treatment for several months with additional follow-up if and when required. When used as a skin lightening solution – it is recommended to apply cream continuously for 3-4 months and then altering it periodically to hydroquinone 2 or hydroquinone 4 creams.
Aziderm® 10%-20% azelaic acid cream/gel side effects
Burning, stinging, or a tingling sensation of the skin, dryness, itching, peeling, redness.
Where to buy azelaic acid 10% / 20% cream/gel
You can buy azelaic acid 20 percent cream or gel in okdermo online skincare store.