WHAT IS 1% CLINDAMYCIN PHOSPHATE TOPICAL SOLUTION
Acnesol or Clindac A topical solution/lotion contains the active ingredient Clindamycin phosphate 1%, which is an anti-inflammatory compound. Clindac A main ingredient Clindamycin phosphate 1% is used to treat infections with bacteria. It works by preventing bacteria from producing proteins that are essential to them. Without these proteins, the bacteria cannot grow, replicate and increase in numbers. The remaining bacteria eventually die or are destroyed by the immune system. Acnesol and Clindac A finally treat the infection and acne with clindamycin. Clindamycin helps to decrease the number of acne lesions, a potent component which works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Clindamycin phosphate 1% is active against a wide variety of bacteria, including the bacteria associated with acne, Propionibacterium acnes. This is a common type of bacteria that feeds on sebum produced by the sebaceous glands in the skin. It produces waste products and fatty acids that irritate the sebaceous glands, making them inflamed and causing spots. By controlling bacterial numbers, the inflammation of the sebaceous glands is brought under control, and the skin is allowed to heal. It will usually take a few weeks of treatment before your skin improves.
HOW TO USE CLINDAMYCIN PHOSPHATE 1% TOPICAL SOLUTION
- Wash the skin with cleanser and pat it dry before applying the Acnesol/Clindac A topical solution.
- Clindamycin phosphate 1% should be applied thinly to the affected areas of skin (not just the individual spots) twice a day.
- The solution bottle has an automatic pad dispenser. Gently dab the pad onto your skin. The lotion bottle has a dispensing cap. Gently rub the lotion into the skin.
PRECAUTIONS FOR CLINDAMYCIN PHOSPHATE 1% TOPICAL SOLUTION
- Clindamycin phosphate 1% Topical Solution is for external use on the skin only and must not be taken inside.
- Avoid getting the Clindamycin in contact with the eyes, mouth, lips and mucous membranes such as the lining of the nose.
- Rinse the solution off with warm water if you accidentally get it in these areas.
- Avoid applying the Clindamycin to the broken, irritated or sunburnt skin.
USE CLINDAMYCIN PHOSPHATE 1% TOPICAL SOLUTION WITH CAUTION
- If you have sensitive skin or a history of inflammation of part of the intestines (enteritis), or a history of inflammatory bowel disease, eg Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, or a history of inflammation of the large intestine due to antibiotic treatment (antibiotic-associated colitis).
- Clindamycin phosphate 1% Topical Solution should not be used by people who are allergic to clindamycin or the related antibiotic lincomycin.
- This solution should not be used if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your dermatologist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.