What is salicylic acid 6%-12% ointment Salicylix®
Salicylix® is manufactured by reputable Dr.Reddy’s Labs. Ointment contains salicylic acid 6 percent or 12 percent. It is a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) topical anti-inflammatory ointment for deep chemical blackheads destruction, acne elimination, pores unplugging and skin oil dissolver. Salicylic acid is used for skin whitening, as acne treatment solution, a peel solution and anti-inflammatory ointment. Naturally derived 6%/12% salicylic acid penetrates pores extremely deep, softly and gently exfoliates all the skin layers effectively, cleaning away deeply blocked blackheads, disassembling buildups, removing dead skin cells and excess oils and fats. By increasing the amount of moisture in the skin 6%-12% salicylic acid helps shed dead skin cells from the outer layer of the skin.
Salicylic acid ointment is a good choice for superficial skin issues such as sun spots and acne prone skin. Used in combination with other treatments, can be helpful for dark spots treatment. Salicylic acid is an effective lightening agent, but most effective when used in combination with other lightening products such as hydrqouinone cream, azelaic acid 20%, retinoids or glycolic acid.
Why to use salicylic acid 6/12 percent ointment Salicylix®
Topical salicylic acid 6%/12% ointmnet is used to help clear and prevent pimples, acne and comedones, also skin blemishes in people who had acne/acne scars. 12% salicylic acid ointment is also used to treat skin conditions that involve scaling or overgrowth of skin cells such as psoriasis (red, scaly patches on the body), ichthyoses (skin dryness and scaling), dandruff, corns, calluses and warts on the hands or feet. Topical 6% – 12% salicylic acid treats acne by reducing swelling and redness and extremely effectively unplugging blocked skin pores (blackheads), allow pimples to shrink. It treats other skin conditions by softening and loosening dry, scaly, or thickened skin so that it falls off or can be removed easily.
Salicylic acid scientifically classified as keratolytic, or more popular name – peel agent and it works by causing the outer layer of skin to shed. Once it has penetrated the skin, the acid part of the molecule can dissolve some of the intercellular ‘glue’ that holds skin cells together. Six or twelve percent salicylic acid works by loosening and breaking apart desmosomes (attachments between cells in the outer layers of the skin). This action encourages exfoliation of skin and unclogging of pores, destruction of whiteheads and deeply blocked blackheads.
Saliylic acid Salicylix ointment is also lipophillic, which means it can penetrate into oily skin directly to clogged pores, resulting in a deep cleaning from within deepest skin layers, cleaning up all the skin oil canals. Salicylic acid can reduce sebum secretion, which is another indirect way it can help reduce acne and inflammation caused by it.
Salicylix ointment is a common and effective skin care treatment solution for a wide variety of skin problems like warts, acne, oily skin conditions. As a psoriasis treatment, salicylic acid acts as a scale lifter, helping to soften and remove psoriasis scales. Cream can cause irritation when left in contact with the skin for too long. Skin may absorb too much salicylic acid if used over large areas of the skin. Salicylic acid may also weaken hair shafts and roots and make hair more likely to break, leading to temporary hair loss.
Benefits and features of salicylic acid 6%-12% ointment Salicylix®
- General action: Salicylix ointment is an effective acne-pimple ointment which clears pimples fast. Twelve percent is maximum strength for the more stubborn cases that do not respond to mild acne treatments;
- Kills acne bacteria that cause pimples: unlike other acne medications which fight pimples only with keratolytic action, a 6% to 12% salicylic acid in Salicylix ointment actually kills the acne bacteria that cause pimples;
- Helps dry up excessive oil: when applied to pimple areas it helps dry up excessive oil around the acne breakout area, and prevent sebum from reappearing in excessive quantities, regulate the normal cycle;
- Helps deeply unblock pores: helps keep skin clear by helping to unblock deepest pores from within the lower skin layer, which have become clogged with blackheads and oily secretions.
How to use 6%-12% salicylic acid ointment Salicylix®
- Wash skin thoroughly and dry well;
- Dab on the ointment smoothing it into oily acne pimple areas of face or neck;
- For skin lightening purposes, use it separately or mix with moisturizers, vitamin C, A creams/serums;
- Apply once a day initially, then twice a day, or as directed by a dermatologist