What is Tenofovir Alafenamide (Vemlidy Generic)?
Tafnat® Tablet is used in the treatment of HIV infection and chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. It prevents the multiplication of viruses in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
Tafnat® Tablet should be used in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Take it with food, as this increases the absorption of the medicine into the body. It is important to keep taking them until your doctor tells you it is safe to stop.
Hepatitis B is a viral infection, and the responsible pathogenic agent is the Hepatitis B virus. Tafnat® Tablet has antiviral properties and is used in treating patients with Hepatitis B infections. Hepatitis B gets transmitted to healthy individuals when they come into contact with infected blood, semen, or body fluids. The chronic form of hepatitis B can result in serious health consequences. Chronic hepatitis B can end with liver failure, liver cancer, and even death.
Tafnat® Tablets are composed of Tenofovir Alafenamide, which can inhibit the viral replication process. Tafnat inhibits the reverse transcriptase enzyme of the hepatitis B virus. Therefore Tafnat tablets prevent the formation of new virus strands.
Tafnat® Tablets are advised to take under medical supervision. An experienced physician must initiate Tafnat therapy. The trained health professionals must determine the correct dose, route, and frequency. So consult a doctor before making a decision. The diagnostic tests must confirm that the issue is due to the infection with hepatitis B.
How to take Tafnat (Vemlidy Generic)
The Tafnat tablets can be easily taken orally. The tablets can be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water. If you prefer, you can use the tablet with water. Consider taking the right dose at the right time. It helps in preventing drug resistance. Do not chew or crush the Tafnat tablets. Always make sure to swallow the whole tablet.
Side effects of Tenofovir Alafenamide 25mg
When you initiate the drug regime, you will experience few side effects. The healthcare provider will monitor you closely for adverse drug reactions. There is a rare chance of experiencing hypersensitivity towards Tafnat tablets. So immediate life-saving steps are necessary to avoid anaphylaxis shock.
The doctor will prescribe Tenofovir Alafenamide if you are infected with hepatitis B. If you miss doses, it can convert to chronic hepatitis. The results will be dangerous. So follow the guidelines to avoid issues in the future. Common side effects are headache, cough, back pain, nausea, and vomiting, breathing difficulties, weakness, fatigue, changes in appetite, diarrhea, and dizziness.
- Avoid consuming Tafnat tablets if you are allergic to Tenofovir Alafenamide.
- Do not consume Tafnat tablets if you have renal or liver impairments.
- Inform the physician if you wish to become pregnant shortly.
- Tafnat tablets can get interacted with other medications. Antibiotics such as vancomycin and pentamidine easily get interact with Tafnat. Other than that, antifungals can also make interactions and alter the action of Tafnat. The severity of the drug interactions may vary from person to person. Therefore never use other drugs together with Tafnat without medical advice.
- Avoid the use of alcohol. Alcohol usage can further damage the liver and make it easy to convert to chronic liver failure.
- Avoid consuming Tafnat tablets if you have disorders associated with the skeletal system.
- Avoid driving and machinery use just after Tafnat tablet consumption because it can make you dizzy.