What is Ribavirin 200mg (Copegus Generic)?
Ribasure® Capsule is an antiviral medicine that is used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. It prevents the multiplication of viruses in human cells and clears up the infection. Ribasure Capsule contains Ribavirin as the active ingredient. Ribavirin is primarily used for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C.
Ribasure® Capsule should be taken in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. It should be taken with food. You should drink plenty of water while on treatment with this medicine as it helps to prevent dehydration and kidney damage. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Ribasure® belongs to antivirals, and they contain Ribavirin as the active antiviral agent. Ribasure® is used in controlling hepatitis C infections. Ribasure® can be used together with other antiviral medications to treat other viral infections of the liver. Hepatitis C is a chronic infection where it can dame the liver with cirrhosis and liver cancers. So treating with Ribavirin can lower the chance of complications and prevent further damage caused to the liver.
The pathological agent responsible for the onset of hepatitis C is the hepatitis C virus. The contamination of infected blood can help in disease transmission to a healthy individual. Needle prick injuries and sharing injection needles have become the leading Couse of disease transmission.
Ribavirin inhibits viral RNA’s function, which is the genetic material present within the hepatitis C virus. Viral RNA is an essential cellular component for replicating the hepatitis C virus within the human body. Consumption of Ribavirin limits virus replication, thereby lowering the number of viruses present inside the body.
Ribasure® must be consumed with medical advice. Before the onset of drug administration, it is essential to confirm the presence of the hepatitis C virus inside the body. Therefore you will undergo several blood investigations to verify the condition. The physician may prescribe Ribasure® for a longer duration as this is a chronic condition.
How to take Ribasure® (Rebetol Generic)
Ribavirin is enclosed inside a capsule to form Ribasure® capsules. The capsule is indicated to take it as a whole. Swallow the capsule with a full glass of water. It is better if you can swallow the tablet while consuming food. When the stomach contains food, it improves Ribavirin absorption.
Take the dose as prescribed by the physician. The physician will determine your dose depending on your condition. So never reduce or increase the dose without medical advice. Make sure to meet the physician as instructed, and if you need any change, you can discuss it with the physician. Do not break the capsule. Try to swallow the capsule as it is. The manufacturing company has decided the capsule to release slowly.
Side effects of Ribavirin 200mg (RibaPak, Ribasphere, RibaTab Generic)?
Any medication can result in a few side effects. At the same time, some may not experience any change. When the side effects get worse, it is necessary to consult the physician for advice. Side effects may include feeling dizzy, fever, nausea and vomiting, fatigue, headache, lowering appetite, and tiredness.
- If you know that you are allergic to Ribavirin or any other medication tell your physician about that.
- If you are a patient who takes medications for any heart-related condition or blood disorders, tell to the physician.
- Avoid consuming Ribavirin if you are already pregnant. Ribavirin can result in various congenital disabilities. Therefore consult the physician to change the drug if you get pregnant. Remember to use an effective and safe contraceptive method while on Ribasure® therapy. Wait around seven months to become pregnant after stopping the drug regime.
- Avoid administering Ribasure® capsules to children younger than three years.
- Take necessary steps to avoid transmission of hepatitis C to others.
- Ribasure® will interact with antiretroviral drugs and immune suppressants. So tell the physician about the other medications you take.
- Avoid alcohol consumption with Ribasure®, as it can damage the liver.
- Ribasure® will make you feel dizzy therefore avoid driving and activities which need proper concentration.