What is Viraday® Tablet?
Viraday® Tablets are mainly used in treating patients who suffer from HIV infections. Viraday tablets are enriched with three active ingredients known as Tenofovir Disproxil Fumarate, Emtricitabine, and Efavirenz.
Efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir combination is used alone or with other anti-HIV medicines to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. HIV is the virus that causes acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
Atripla® is a fixed-dose combination tablet containing efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir DF. Sustiva® is the brand name for efavirenz, a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI). Emtriva® is the brand name for emtricitabine, a synthetic nucleoside analog of cytidine. Viread® is the brand name for tenofovir DF, which is converted in vivo to tenofovir, an acyclic nucleoside phosphonate (nucleotide) analog of adenosine 5′-monophosphate. Viread® and Emtriva® are the components of Truvada®.
Viraday® Tablets are a high-quality generic version of Atripla® tablets are for oral administration. Each tablet contains 600 mg of efavirenz, 200 mg of emtricitabine, and 300 mg of tenofovir DF (which is equivalent to 245 mg of tenofovir disoproxil) as active ingredients. The tablets include the following inactive ingredients: croscarmellose sodium, hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and sodium lauryl sulfate. The tablets are film-coated with a coating material containing black iron oxide, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, red iron oxide, talc, and titanium dioxide.
Viraday® Tablet is not a cure for HIV or AIDS and only helps to decrease the amount of HIV in your body. This helps to lower your risk of getting HIV-related complications and improves your lifespan. It is prescribed in combination with other HIV medicines. Your doctor will recommend the best medicines for you and will decide the doses that you need. Follow carefully the instructions for all the medicines that you are given. It can be taken with or without food. Taking all these medicines regularly at the right times greatly increases their effectiveness and reduces the chances of HIV becoming resistant to them. It is important not to miss doses and to keep taking them until your doctor tells you it is safe to stop.
The chief usage of Viraday tablets is to treat individuals after being diagnosed as HIV positive. HIV stands for human immune deficiency virus. HIV is a virus that attacks the human immune system. There is no permanent cure for the condition. It is essential to control the viral load to survive. HIV is mainly transmitted sexually and other methods like blood transfusion, illicit drug use, and transfer from an infected mother to the baby during the delivery or breastfeeding. An HIV-infected person can live an everyday life if they can control the viral lord. HIV affects the CD4 T cells, and when the viral load is low, there is less effective for the immune system.
Efavirenz can inhibit the non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase, which is present within HIV. Reverse transcriptase is an enzyme produced by the virus essential in transcribing viral RNA stands to DNA strands. This is an essential process during viral replication. Therefore Efavirenz can control the viral replication.
Emtricitabine is also an inhibitor of reverse transcriptase. So it prevents the formation of DNA copies from RNA. This action of the drug prevents HIV replication.
Tenofovir Disproxil Fumarate is used to alleviate the HIV amount within the human body. Therefore Tenofovir Disproxil Fumarat provides a chance for the immune system to perform its action better. HIV can lead to many complications, such as various infections and cancers. With the help of antiretroviral drugs, HIV patients can live long life without complications.
The combination of all three active ingredients within Viraday Tablets can suppress the action of HIV by following three mechanisms:
- Slower the growth of HIV viruses and reduce the viral lord.
- Prevent the action of viral enzymes within the human cells.
- Inhibit the function of DNA polymerase enzyme, which plays a significant role in virus replication.
How to use Atripla generic?
Viraday is an antiretroviral drug that is available in tablet form. It is straightforward to build drug resistance when treating HIV patients. So it is recommended to follow the drug regime to avoid drug resistance.
The tablet can be swallowed with a glass of water. The best results and the maximum plasma level can be reached when taken on an empty stomach. Therefore you can have the tablet 2-3 hours after a meal, usually at bedtime. Never break, chew or powder the tablet. Your physician will only decide the dose and frequency, so never try to self-medicate Viraday tablets.
Side effects of Viraday® Tablet
The consumers may experience side effects at the very beginning. But most common effects may fade away with time. But when these symptoms get worse, contact the physician for advice.
Common side effects are headache, loose stool, dizziness, nausea and vomiting, rashes associated with blisters, weight loss related to loss of appetite, insomnia, and depressed mood.
- Monitor your kidney functions as advised by the physician. Long-term usage of Viraday Tablets can make your kidneys fail. So early detection will help in reducing the effects.
- Be cautious if you have liver diseases, mental disorders, and seizure disorders.
- Check and be alert about the signs of infection. If you notice any infection or worsening of a previous infection, consult the physician immediately.
- There is a risk of developing auto-immune diseases after the initiation of the drug regime. Therefore inform your doctor if you have any discomfort.
- Inform the physician whenever you feel joint stiffness, movement difficulties, or pain in bones.
- Viraday Tablets can interact with anti-inflammatory drugs, drugs used to treat heart problems, hepatitis, antipsychotic medications, etc. So be cautious when you use drugs for other disorders.
- Avoid alcohol consumption. Alcohol can aggravate the severity of the side effects.
- If you get pregnant, discuss further with the physician to make reliable decisions.
- Avoid driving and machinery control when using Viraday Tablets.