What is Theo-Asthalin® Tablet (Salbutamol 2mg / 4mg + Theophylline 100mg / 200mg)?
Theo-Asthaline is composed of two medications known salbutamol and Theophylline. The combined effect of this product help in relieving symptoms associated with the respiratory system. Mainly this product is manufactured aiming at Asthma and COPD patients.
Asthma is a respiratory condition believed as a restrictive disorder. The airways become inflamed and swell when a person has Asthma. The environmental changes and allergic agents may trigger the occurrence of Asthma. The mucus-producing glands may produce excess mucus, which obstructs the lumen and make it difficult for the patient to breathe.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a condition that occurs due to emphysema and chronic bronchitis. COPD is also a restrictive disorder associated with lungs and bronchioles. The bronchial tree becomes inflamed, resulting from reducing the size of the lumen. So it becomes difficult for the patients to breathe in and out.
Theo-Asthalin can be successfully treated the symptoms of Asthma and COPD. The airways become relaxed and widen after inhaling Theo-Asthalin. Theo-Asthalin is mainly used in treating acute asthma attacks. Salbutamol can act as a bronchodilator, but salbutamol belongs to a drug class called beta two adrenoceptor agonists. The drug molecules get bind with the beta two receptors and stimulate the function of the beta two receptors. So the bronchioles get relaxed by widening the lumen of the airways.
Theophylline belongs to xanthene derivatives to be used as bronchodilators in the widening of the airways. Theophylline can relax the smooth muscles of the bronchioles, and also they can alleviate the stimulation of the bronchial receptors. By using these mechanisms, Theophylline is capable of opening the airways. So it helps to restore the gas exchange process.
Theophylline brand names: TheoCap, Theochron, Theo-Dur, Theo-Time, Truxophyllin, Uniphyl, Quibron-T.
Side effects of Theo-Asthalin® Tablets
When a person uses salbutamol and Theophylline for the first time, the consumer may experience a few difficulties. They are considered as the common side effects of Theo-Asthaline. But with time, these side effects may become routine, and patients get adopted to them. Still, if these side effects alter the everyday lifestyle, it is recommended to meet your physician to make necessary changes: Tremors, Seizures, Tachycardia, Palpitation, Muscle cramps, Sleep disorders, Eating disorders, Reduce appetite, Anxious, Hypersensitivity and allergic responses.
How to use Theo-Asthalin® Tablets
This medication must be consumed after a doctor’s prescription. So over-counter usage can be life-threatening due to the aggressive side effects of inappropriate doses. Swallow the tablets on an empty stomach to have the best results. Consume the tablet with a glass of water. Never try to brake and chew the tablets. So the effect of the drug cannot be reached.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while consuming Theo-Asthaline. The Theophylline within the Theo-Asthaline can interact with alcohol to initiate life-threatening conditions such as coma. The combined effect of alcohol and Theo-Asthaline can make the consumer more drowsy and dizzy.
- Contraindicated to use Theo-Asthalin during pregnancy. Therefore discuss the benefits and risk factors with the doctor.
- There is a risk for the baby when Theo-Asthaline is consumed during breastfeeding. To consume this product during breastfeeding, the benefits must be more crucial than the risk for the baby.
- Avoid driving after consuming Theo-Asthaline. The drowsiness and visual disturbances may present after the consumption, so avoid going after the consumption of Theo-Asthaline.
- Be cautious if you are a person suffering from any liver disease.
- Avoid taking over-the-counter Vitamins and herbal products with Theo-Asthaline. They can get interacted with the salbutamol and Theophylline badly.
- Be cautious if you are consuming any antidepressants, antihypertensive, Oral contraceptive pills, antiarrhythmic drugs, and some quinolone family antibiotics. The Theo-Asthaline can get interacted to alter the effect of the drug.