What is Duolin® Respules (Levosalbutamol 0.63mg / 1.25mg + Ipratropium 500mcg)?
Duolin Respules aka Combivent Generic is a medication used to relieve chronic obstructive pulmonary disease symptoms. COPD is a lung disorder that alters the airflow to the lungs. This product can relax the airways to make the patient feel comfortable.
Coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath are a few symptoms that make the patient feel uncomfortable. In such instances, your doctor may prescribe an inhaler to get rid of the symptoms. The results of the Duolin Respules may be noticeable after using it for a few days. The best effects can only be experienced when using it for weeks. Levosalbutamol and Ipratropium bromide are two medications used as a maintenance treatment to treat COPD. Although you are free of symptoms, you are advised to inhale the combined product to prevent worsening conditions. But the consumers must ensure that this product will not help them in acute settings. So immediate medical treatments are necessary when you experience sudden relapses.
Duolin Respules are manufactured to use as an inhaler. So it is contraindicated to take the results orally. The jet nebulizer masks are used to administer the drugs to the patients. COPD is a combined condition that is characterized by the presence of emphysema and chronic bronchitis. The airways get inflamed and blocked, resulting in altered inspiration and expiration. The mucosal lining of the bronchioles starts to produce excessive mucus resulting in difficulty for the gas exchange. But the continuous use of the correct dose of medications may help relieve associated symptoms.
Levosalbutamol belongs to the beta two adrenergic receptor activators, which can agonist the functions of the beta two receptors. The drug molecules may get bind with the beta two receptors, resulting in stimulating the receptors’ activity. So it helps in alleviating the symptoms such as wheezing and cough.
Ipratropium Bromide is a drug that belongs to the anticholinergic which can open up the airways. This medication act on the muscarinic receptors of the respiratory system. Ipratropium Bromide can alleviate the respiratory symptoms associated with COPD. The combination of Ipratropium Bromide and levosalbutamol can significantly relieve patients who suffer from COPD.
Side effects of Combivent Generic
There will be a few side effects that the consumers will experience. But the majority of these side effects don’t require medical attention. But if these side effects get worse with time, Take immediate treatments and discuss with the physician to make necessary changes: The mouth becomes dry, Tremors, Palpitations, Bronchospasm, Cramps in the muscles.
How to use Combivent Generic
The Respules are administered with the help of the nebulizer. The required dose of the Duolin Respules is taken and added to the nebulizer mask. Connect the nebulizer mask to the nebulizer machine and connect it to the power. Now power on the nebulizer machine and check the function of the mask. Now wear the mask correctly, start the nebulizer, breathe in the mist created by the nebulizer, and exhale well. Continue to inhale the mist until the medication ends.
- Never consume Duolin Respules with the alcohol because the alcohol can interact with the medication to induce extreme drowsiness.
- Duolin Respules can harm the fetus. So make sure to avoid inhalers during pregnancy. If you get pregnant, discuss with the physician immediately.
- Limit the use during breastfeeding. Talk to the physician to rule out the other risk factors associated with breastfeeding.
- Try to take the inhalers at the same time of the day.
- Levosalbutamol can induce bronchospasms which can be life-threatening. Discontinue the nebulization when you feel any bronchospasm or breathing difficulty.
- Avoid if you are allergic to levosalbutamol or the Ipratropium Bromide.
- Long-term use of Ipratropium Bromide and levosalbutamol can induce hypokalemia. So take the necessary steps to measure serum potassium levels when required.