What is Aerocort® Inhaler?
Aerocort® Inhaler is composed of two medications referred to as Levosalbutamol and Beclomethasone. The chief usage of this medication is to relieve asthma symptoms.
Asthma is a chronic condition where the patient will suffer from wheezing, coughing, breathing problems, and chest tightness. Aerocort is capable of alleviating the above symptoms which are associated with asthma. The best results can be observed after a few days of using the inhaler and the majority of the uncomfortable symptoms disappear after using the inhaler for a week. It is recommended to use the inhaler regularly to obtain the best results even though the symptoms disappear.
Asthma is a chronic condition where this cannot be cured. But with the age, the condition disappears in some children. But it is highly recommended to use the inhalers long termly to prevent acute exacerbations. There may be acute asthma attacks, the severe symptoms associated with the acute situations can’t be treated with Aerocort inhalers. So this inhaler is manufactured targeting the use long termly as a maintenance medication.
Beclomethasone is a drug that belongs to corticosteroids. Corticosteroids are naturally produced by the adrenal glands which regulate many of the body functions. They have anti-inflammatory properties. So beclomethasone is included in inhalers to suppress the inflammations within the airways. Within asthma patients, their respiratory tract gets inflamed due to the activation of chemical mediators. Beclomethasone can inhibit the release of such chemical mediators. Thereby they involve in alleviating inflammation. When the airways get inflamed, they become narrower and reduce the space for the air to move in and out. As a result, the patient will have breathing difficulties and wheezing symptoms. The regular use of an inhaler containing beclomethasone can help in reducing such symptoms.
Levosalbutamol is a drug classified under the beta 2 receptor agonists. There are beta 2 receptors along the airways. So after the inhalation of levosalbutamol, the medications agonist the action of the beta receptors resulting in relaxation of bronchial muscles. During asthma, the bronchioles get tightened and sputum gets trapped within the airways. So the patient will have difficulties in clearing the mucus. So such inhalers can help the patient in clearing and reducing mucus production. The relaxing of the bronchioles may assist the patient in breathing normally.
The combination of levosalbutamol and beclomethasone will help relieve symptoms related to asthma attacks.
Side effects of Levosalbutamol 50mcg + Beclometasone 50mcg
It will take a few days to get adopted to the inhaler. Until that there may be a few difficulties that are considered the side effects. The side effects may go away when your body gets used to it. But if you continue to have the symptoms and if they ruin your life. Discuss with the physician to change the inhaler.
- Changes in voice, voice become hoarse
- The growth of fungi within the oral cavity
- Common respiratory tract infections
- Head tightness
- Muscle cramps, ache, and stiffness
How to use Aerocort® Inhaler
- Check the dose and the number of puffs you needed to take.
- Shake the inhaler
- Seal the inhaler between the lips.
- Press the inhaler to release the medications to the oral cavity, and breathe it.
- Try to bear the breath for around 10seconds.
- Repeat the same for each puff you take.
- Gargle the mouth and throat with water after using.
- Never consume alcohol together with the inhaler. The interaction of the medication with alcohol can result in drowsiness.
- If you get the pregnant notice it to the doctor and change the inhaler as necessary.
- Discuss with the physician if you are a breastfeeding mother.
- Never use a double dose, if you miss a dose, consume the dose as soon as you remember.