What is Oestradiol / Estradiol Hemihydrate 1mg/2mg Tablets Progynova®
Progynova tablets contain oestradiol 2mg, an active form of the female hormone estrogen, and are used to replace the loss of oestrogen at menopause, relieving menopausal symptoms. Estrofem also stimulates the development of female sexual characteristics for male to female transsexuals. Estrofem tablets are available to order and buy online from an okdermo store in doses of 1mg and 2mg in packs of 28 tablets.
Progynova 1mg/2mg tablets are a hormone replacement therapy (HRT) used to substitute for a lack of oestrogen production by the ovaries that happens during menopause or following surgical removal of the ovaries, to relieve symptoms of menopause caused by oestrogen deficiency, such as hot flushes, night sweats, sleeplessness, vaginal dryness, headaches, mood swings, lack of concentration and loss of energy. Progynova 1mg/2mg tablets also are also used to help prevent postmenopausal bone loss (osteoporosis) and reduce the risk of fracture. Progynova stimulates the development of female sexual characteristics and is used as part of transgender hormone therapy for male to female transsexuals.
How does Progynova work?
Progynova contains a synthetic form of 17β-oestradiol, which is the major and most active form of the female sex hormone oestrogen, and is chemically and biologically identical to the natural hormone. Oestrogen is a steroid hormone produced by the ovaries that bind to specific receptors inside estrogen-responsive cells and stimulates them to make proteins involved in producing secondary sexual characteristics, such as breast development and in regulating the menstrual cycle. Oestrogen also has several other actions in various metabolic processes including maintaining bone mass and lipid (fat) metabolism.
What are the side effects and health risks of Progynova?
The most frequently reported side effects when taking Progynova 2mg tablets are breast tenderness, breast pain, abdominal pain, nausea, edema, and headache, skin rash and itching, insomnia and depression. More severe side effects include changes in liver function at higher doses.
Long-term HRT with Estrafem does have associated health risks, including an increased risk of breast cancer, endometrial cancer, stroke, and deep vein thrombosis. For women with an intact uterus adding a progestagen to an oestrogen replacement regimen like Progynova for at least 10 days per cycle is recommended to reduce the risk of endometrial cancer.
When should Progynova not be used?
You should not use Progynova if you:
- have a past or family history of carcinoma of the breast, endometrial carcinoma or liver disease
- have deep venous thrombosis, thromboembolic disorders, cerebral vascular accident associated with oestrogen use
- abnormal genital bleeding of unknown cause
- are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- are allergic to 17β-oestradiol or any of the ingredients in Progynova tablets
- are taking other medications that may interact with Progynova, such as anticonvulsants like phenytoin and carbamazepine, anti-infectives like rifampicin, rifabutin, nevirapine, efavirenz or preparations containing St John’s Wort.
How should Progynova be taken?
- You should take Progynova 2mg tablets with a glass of water once a day, preferably at the same time each day, until all 28 tablets have been taken.
- The dose you take depends on your condition and should be as recommended by your doctor. When you have finished each pack, start the next pack immediately.
- You can start taking Progynova tablets on any convenient day unless you are still having menstrual bleeding, in which case take the first tablet on day 5 of bleeding.
- Each pack of Progynova 2mg tablets is a calendar pack of 28 tablets. You should take Progynova 2mg tablets for as long as your doctor recommends.
- If you miss a dose of Progynova 2mg tablets, take the tablet as soon as you remember, unless it is time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose.
- Store Progynova tablets in their calendar pack at room temperature below 25°C, keep away from direct sunlight and do not refrigerate.
Melinday Ray –
I used progynova in combination with spiro for 8 years with no side effects ended up with a solid 40 c cup size would like to go back on it to get bigger. I used 2mg twice a day, 200 mgs of progynova and 200mgs of susten.
Took this medication progesterone post-hysterectomy for endometriosis. Made me very drowsy, so was forced to take it at night. Also caused extreme depression and fatigue, with groggy feeling in the morning. Felt like I wasn’t getting enough sleep. Completely got rid of my sex drive, couldn’t even get turned on. Stopped talking after a month and feel much better without it.
Extreme hot flashes and night sweats. Have been on this medication for about five months. Works great for the hot flashes and night sweats
After a total hysterectomy, I was miserable, irritable, and low energy. Excessive sweating at night and dry skin were depressing. My gynecologist tried me on different patches and nothing worked then she gave me a free sample of progynova and the symptoms were gone. I have been on it since 2014 and the only side effect is weight gain but I can manage this than the alternative.
I am 72 years old and have been using Progynova for over 5 years and have no hormone drop-off. I love it! Sex is amazing and pain-free. Vaginal dryness is no longer an issue. The only side effect is breast tenderness and although that is unpleasant the benefits are worth it. The price is way high and I am fortunate to found okdermo that makes it affordable.