What is Anti-Acne Face Wash Gel Clarina®
Clarina anti-acne face wash gel is manufactured by reputable International Company Himalaya Herbals. Clarina Face Wash inhibits the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) by its antioxidant activity, thus reducing inflammation mediated by acne-causing bacteria. The gel also has anti-inflammatory, anti-seborrheic, keratolytic, wound-healing, and antibacterial properties. Face wash includes the following main, active and natural components:
- Neem (nimba) 0.5mg – is especially beneficial for skin disorders like eczema and minor skin infections. Neem leaves also eliminate acne-causing bacteria
- Barbados aloe (ghrita-kumari) 1.0mg – has potent antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal properties, which are beneficial in treating skin wounds, allergies, and insect bites. Aloe has soothing properties which relieve dryness and itching
- Turmeric (haridra) 0.5mg – has strong anti-inflammatory properties, which soothe the skin gently. The herb helps to even out skin tone and color, making it an excellent ingredient in a face wash. Turmeric also helps to retain the skin’s elasticity and makes it more supple.
- Jalavetasa (Salix tetrasperma) 0.1mg – common name is Wala in Hindi or Willow in English. This is the more active ingredient in this face wash. Willow bark extract (Salix alba) is used in skincare as an astringent and has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties. It is also used to stimulate the circulation of the main ingredients. The main constituents of willow bark extract are phenolic acids; such as salicin, salicortin, fragilin, populin, triandrin and vimalin, as well as flavonoids, tannins and minerals. It contains salicylic acid, which stimulates new cell formation by helping the old skin to slough off. It is also used for the extraction of pure and natural salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is the most effective remedy in the acne-battle.
How to use Anti-Acne Face Wash Gel Clarina®
- Moisten face
- Take a small quantity of gel and apply using a gentle circular motion, working up a lather
- Rinse well and pat dry
- For best results, use twice daily