What is Roxid® Roxithromycin Tablet (Roximycin generic)?
Roxithromycin is an antibiotic used to treat chest infections, tonsils, skin, or genitals. It works by killing or stopping the growth of bacteria (bugs). Like all antibiotics, roxithromycin is not effective against infections caused by viruses.
Roxithromycin 150mg / 300mg is an antibiotic used to treat various types of bacterial infections. It is effective in resolving most infections of the respiratory tract, ear, nose, throat, lungs, and skin. It stops the growth of infection-causing bacteria and thus resolves the symptoms.
Roxid® Roxithromycin Tablet should be taken by mouth on an empty stomach. It should be used regularly at evenly spaced time intervals as prescribed by your doctor. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the medicine too early may lead to the infection returning or worsening.
Commonly seen side effects seen with this medicine include nausea, vomiting, pain in the abdomen, and diarrhea. These are usually temporary and subside with the completion of treatment. Consult your doctor if these side effects do not resolve or persist for a longer duration.
Inform your doctor if you have any previous history of allergy or heart problems before taking this medicine. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before using this medicine.
In Treatment of Bacterial infections. Roxid 300 Tablet is an antibiotic medicine that can be used to treat many different infections caused by bacteria. These include infections of the ear, nose, throat, lungs, skin, and eye in adults and children. It is also used for treating typhoid fever and some sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea. It works by stopping the growth of the bacteria causing the infection.
This medicine usually makes you feel better quite quickly. However, you should continue taking it as long as it is prescribed even when you feel better, to make sure that all bacteria are killed and do not become resistant.
How to use Roxithromycin 150mg / 300mg
- The dose of roxithromycin will be different for different people depending on the type of infection.
- The usual dose in adults is 300 mg once a day OR 150 mg twice a day.
- Your doctor will advise you how long to take roxithromycin for (usually 5 to 10 days).
- Always take your roxithromycin precisely as your doctor has told you. The pharmacy label on your medicine will tell you how much to take, how often to take it, and any special instructions.
- Timing of your dose: Roxithromycin is best taken on an empty stomach, about 15 minutes before food or 3 hours after food. If it makes you feel sick, then take it with food. Take roxithromycin at the same time each day. Swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water.
- Missed dose: If you forget to take your dose, take it as soon as you remember. But if it is nearly time for your next dose, just take the next dose at the right time. Don’t take double the dose.