What is Stavudine 40mg (Zerit Generic)?
Stavudine is used in combination with other medicines in the treatment of the infection caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). HIV is the virus responsible for acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). It is used to slow the progression of disease in patients infected with HIV who have advanced symptoms, early symptoms, or no symptoms at all.
Stavudine will not cure or prevent HIV infection or AIDS. It helps keep HIV from reproducing and appears to slow down the destruction of the immune system. This may help delay the development of problems usually related to AIDS or HIV disease.
Stavudine will not keep you from spreading HIV to other people. People who receive this medicine may continue to have other problems usually related to AIDS or HIV disease.
Antiretroviral is the group of medications that are used in treating HIV. The antiretroviral properties of Stavudine are used in treating HIV patients. Virostav is a medication manufactured by using the active ingredient called Stavudine.
When a person gets infected with HIV, It lowers the function of the human immune system. When HIV is not treated well, it can get converted to its more severe form called Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). The complications of the HIV infection can be controlled by maintaining a lower viral lord inside the body. To do that, the patients needed to be treated with antiretroviral agents. Antiretroviral such as Stavudine can control HIV replication and manage the number of viruses inside the body. The administration of Virostav may reduce the risk of HIV complications and prevent converting HIV into AIDS.
Virostav cannot eradicate HIV from the body. But it helps to control the condition. Although you are under Virostav, you can transfer the HIV infection to a healthy individual. Therefore take necessary precautions during sexual relationships if your partner is healthy.
Virostav is used with other antiretroviral agents so that the patients will have better results. The combined therapy help in enhancing the lifespan of HIV patients and improve the quality of their life by alleviating associated complications.
How to use Stavudine 40mg (Zerit Generic)?
Refer to the Information leaflet well before the medication administration. And don’t hesitate to clarify your questions with the pharmacist and the physician.
Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water. If you prefer you can consume it together with food. The physician will determine the minimum required dose to reach the desired outcome by considering your weight, age, condition, and response to the medication. Therefore follow the dosage guidelines provided by the physician.
Swallow the tablet at the same time each day. It helps to maintain a constant Stavudine serum level. Continue the Virostav usage together with other medications to experience the best results. Never stop drug administration suddenly without advice.
Never change the dose according to your preferences. This may help build drug resistance or improve the viral growth inside the body. So the condition becomes worse and will be difficult to control.
Side effects of Stavudine 40mg
- Headache and loose stools are two common side effects experienced by most consumers. Consult medical officers if the symptoms worsen with time.
- Although you experience a few uncomfortable symptoms, try to tolerate and get used to them as the benefits are much more important than the side effects.
- The immune system functions better with the consumption of Virostav tablets. At the same time, the immune system can become overactive. Therefore be alert regarding severe weight loss, unusual tiredness, muscle pain, headache that never resolves, joint pain, etc.
- Be alert regarding the overactive thyroid gland. Long-term consumption of Virostav may activate the thyroid gland to function more than usual.
- Virostav tablets can call for nerve problems such as peripheral neuropathy and tingling sensation. Therefore consult the physician to adjust the dose.
- Improve fat deposition on the upper body parts while consuming Virostav.
- Rarely can experience allergic reactions against Stavudine
- Be cautious if you consume alcohol following Stavudine usage. The combined effect may damage the liver.
- Avoid consuming Stavudine during pregnancy. Animal studies have proven that Stavudine can affect badly on the developing fetus.
- Stavudine can be safe to use during breastfeeding. However, confirm it with the physician.
- Stavudine help to lower your concentration and alertness. Therefore prevent driving after the consumption of Virostav tablets.
There are no reviews yet.