What is Tentex Forte®?
Tentex Forte® Herbal Tablets help treats sexual dysfunction in men and erectile dysfunction (impotence). It is a sexual wellness product that improves sexual function in men. It contains natural ingredients that not only act as natural aphrodisiacs but also act as a healthy tonic to boost your sexual desire. Additionally, it is known to promote sexual drive and performance. It may increase the testosterone levels in the body and help in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. An Ayurvedic formulation, Himalaya Tentex Forte Tablet is known to improve the blood circulation to the reproductive organ by widening the arteries present in the penis, thus helping to maintain an erection during sexual intercourse.
It contains Ayurvedic herbs such as ashwagandha, shilajeet, kapikachhu, vriddhadaru, kasturilatika, etc. While kapikachhu is known to improve libido and the overall function of the penis, gokshura is a popular herb that is known to act as an aphrodisiac. Gokshura improves sperm count and boosts sex drive. It is also seen to be beneficial in the treatment of erectile dysfunction (impotence) due to its role in strengthening the penile tissue and boosting the blood flow to the organ.
Ashwagandha is known as a rejuvenating herb and helps to lower the stress levels in the body. This, in turn, helps in the management of stress-induced sexual problems and improves libido in men. Regular consumption of ashwagandha might also improve the quality of sperm. Shilajeet acts as an adaptogen and rejuvenates the body to improve sexual function.
The tablet is not known to cause any side effects when taken as recommended by your doctor. Take it as advised by your physician. Keep it out of reach of children and store it in a cool, dry place away from the sunlight. In case of any side effects or symptoms, do consult your doctor at the earliest.
Key ingredients of Tentex Forte®
- Kasturitilaka (Hibiscus abelmoschus): 10 mg
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): 81 mg
- Vriddhadaru (Argyreia speciosa): 32 mg
- Kapikachhu (Mucuna pruriens): 32 mg
- Trivanga bhasma: 32 mg
- Shilajeet: 32 mg
- Kumkuma (Crocus sativus): 25 mg
- Kupilu (Strychnos nuxvomica): 16 mg
- Makaradhvja: 16 mg
- Akarakarabha (Anacyclus pyrethrum): 16 mg
- Bala (Sida cordifolia): 16 mg
- Shalmali (Bombax malabaricum): 16 mg
- Maricha (Piper nigrum): 5 mg
Active ingredients description:
- Kapikachchu (Cowhage or Velvet Bean) – is an aphrodisiac, that supports the production of hormones associated with the ‘pleasure system’ of the brain. The herb is a prophylactic (preventative) against oligospermia (low sperm count).
- Shilajeet – it acts as an adaptogen and rejuvenates the body in order to improve sexual function.
- Gokshura (Small Caltrops) – is beneficial in erectile dysfunction as it strengthens the penile tissue. Protodioscin, a precursor of testosterone found in Small Caltrops, is converted to dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) in the body, which improves flow-mediated vasodilation of the penile arteries.
- Ashvagandha (Winter Cherry) – is a potent adaptogen, which relieves mental stress, a key contributor to poor sexual performance. It is an effective antioxidant that helps in alleviating male sexual dysfunction.
Key benefits of Himalaya Tentex Forte
- Acts as an adaptogen and rejuvenates the body
- Improves sexual function in men
- Acts as a prophylactic (preventative) against oligospermia (low sperm count)
- Helps in the treatment of erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- May help to strengthen the penile tissue and boost sexual function
- Facilitates blood circulation to the reproductive organs
- Help improves sperm count and boosts sex drive
- Helps to improve testosterone level
Guide and tips for Himalaya Tentex Forte
- Along with the tablet, have a healthy diet loaded with essential vitamins and minerals which help in improving your overall sexual function.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most out of this medication.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines as they may affect or be affected by this medicine.
- If you are allergic to this tablet or any of its components, then do not take this medicine.
- Read the label carefully before use and do not exceed the recommended dosage of the tablet.
- Always check with your doctor if you experience any side effects or allergic reactions due to the use of this medication.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
FAQs related to Himalaya Tentex Forte
Q. What is Himalaya Tentex Forte used for?
It is used to treat sexual dysfunction in men and also helps to treat erectile dysfunction (impotence). It is a sexual wellness product that may help improve sexual function in men. It contains natural ingredients that not only act as natural aphrodisiacs but also behave like a healthy tonic to boost your sexual desire. Additionally, it is known to promote sexual drive and performance. It may increase the testosterone levels in the body and help in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Q. How many Himalaya Tentex Forte should I take in a day?
The right dose of the drug is dependent on your condition, so it is important that you strictly follow your doctor’s advice. In most cases, a dosage of 2 tablets twice daily for 4 to 6 weeks is advised. It should be followed by a reduced maintenance dose of 1 tablet twice daily or as recommended by the physician.
Q. Is Himalaya Tentex Forte safe?
Yes, it is mostly safe when taken under the supervision of your doctor. Do talk to your doctor if you are taking any medications for other health problems or if you are on other nutritional supplements to prevent any unwanted side effects. However, it is always advised to follow the doctor’s instructions regarding the dosage of this medicine.
Q. Is it good for erectile dysfunction?
This tablet contains gokshura, an Ayurvedic drug that acts as a powerful aphrodisiac. This herb is known to boost semen count and enhance libido along with strengthening the penile tissue. Moreover, it is also known to improve blood circulation to the penile area by causing vasodilation.
It also contains ashwagandha which is known as a rejuvenating herb and helps lower the stress levels in the body. This, in turn, helps in the management of stress-induced sexual problems and improves libido in men. Regular consumption of Ashwagandha might also improve the quality of sperm. Shilajeet present in this Ayurvedic formulation acts as an adaptogen and rejuvenates the body in order to improve sexual function.
Himalaya Tentex Forte
Singh N, Bhalla M, de Jager P, Gilca M. An overview on ashwagandha: a Rasayana (rejuvenator) of Ayurveda. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2011;8(5 Suppl):208-13.