Azelaic acid is a naturally occurring acid derived from grains like rye, wheat, and barley. A great deal of scientific research has proved that this wonder ingredient can be extremely useful in diminishing skin blemishes, fading post-acne scars, handling other discolorations, refining skin surface, whitening skin, treating acne, and giving you a more even skin tone. It can also reduce your skin’s sensitivity, and the best thing is that it is compatible with all skin types. In short, there is definitely something you need to know about azelaic acid.
Azelaic acid is a natural acid that is known to have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, because of which it becomes effective in treating a variety of skin conditions, including acne. It works by cleaning bacteria from your skin pores, as a result of which it helps in preventing any future outbreaks. You may ask “how long azelaic acid to use ?” and “how much azelaic acid to use ?”, as it a fully natural product you may use it a prolonged period of time without any side effects and issues, generally, cream or gel applied with fingertips and in the amount of pea-size. A detailed Azelaic acid 20% how to use the guide you may check by clicking the link.
Available in the form of topical creams, gels, and foams, they usually contain less than 20% of azelaic acid that is effective enough to give you the desired results. However, some people may develop skin dryness, peeling, and burning after using these products. So, let’s find out more about this ingredient and its safe usage. Azelaic acid 20 buy online via OKDERMO Skincare Store. Where to buy azelaic acid 20% – at online skin pharmacy store OKDERMO.
Benefits of Azelaic Acid (azelaic acid cream 20%, what is it good for ?)
Due to its antibacterial, keratin-reducing, and anti-inflammatory properties, azelaic acid 20% cream or gel is used for the treatment of a wide variety of skin conditions. Here are a few of them:
- Acne: Azelaic acid 20% cream or gel can be highly effective in treating mild, cystic, and hormonal acne. It helps in reducing inflammation or swelling of acne, and also prevents future breakouts by unblocking skin pores and killing bacteria. With consistent usage, it can also help in fading surface acne scars.
- Rosacea: The anti-inflammatory properties of azelaic acid are useful in treating visible symptoms of rosacea, like swelling, rash, and redness. It also prevents bumps and spots by killing bacteria and unblocking pores. Over time, it reduces redness and smoothens skin.
- Hyperpigmentation: Hyperpigmentation is caused due to excess melanin production. Azelaic acid works by inhibiting enzyme tyrosinase that is responsible for producing melanin, as a result of which azelaic acid proves to be effective in treating hyperpigmentation. Ultimately, it lightens and whitens your skin and makes you look younger and brighter, it compatible to 2% Hydroquinone.
- Melasma: Melasma is also caused due to over-production of melanin, in which grey patches develop on the skin. Azelaic acid 20% cream and gel lighten this melasma by reducing the production of melanin.
- Wrinkles: Azelaic acid is also effective in smoothing out wrinkles, especially if they are caused due to rosacea.
- Blackheads: By killing bacteria, azelaic acid is helpful in preventing the formation of blackheads on your skin. It also inhibits the production of keratin, which blacken your pores and create oily buildups that lead to blackheads.
So, whether you are using azelaic acid 20% cream, gel or foam, wash your skin with warm water, pat dry, and apply a small amount on the affected area. As per your doctor’s instructions, you may need to apply the cream once or twice on your skin per day. You will start noticing visible results within a few uses, but if you develop skin, itching, dryness, rash, or numbness, get in touch with a dermatologist immediately. Check approved azelaic acid 20 cream reviews.