What is Vitawin® Omega 3-6-9 Fatty Acids Capsule?
Essential fatty acids for cardiovascular health and brain function. VitaWin® Omega 3-6-9 Fatty Acids Capsules are filled with the goodness of essential fatty acids in the form of Omega 3, 6, and 9 series acids. These include alpha-linolenic acid, linolenic acid, and oleic acids. The ingredients in these capsules are extracted from cold-pressed flax seeds (linseed) of the flax plant. Complete range of Essential Omega 3 Fatty Acids with Alpha-linolenic Acid (ALA), Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA), and Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) aided with Omega 6 (Linoleic Acid) and Omega 9 (Oleic Acid). This formulation is beneficial for heart health, eyes, brain development, immunity, memory, inflammation.
Fish Oil contains EPA and DHA, two Omega-3 fatty acids that help support and maintain the health of your cardiovascular system, plus naturally occurring Omega-6 fatty acids. Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids are considered “good” fats important for cellular, heart, and metabolic health. Omega-3 fatty acids also help maintain triglyceride levels already within a normal range. Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
What’s the difference between the different Omega fats?
Though omega-3, 6, and 9 are all unsaturated acids with many health benefits, they are all different from each other with respect to the position of their chemical structures – double bonds – and therefore, also differ in their properties and health benefits.
- Omega-3 and 6 are polyunsaturated fatty acids – “Poly”, which means many and “unsaturated” indicating double bonds. Omega-3 refers to the position of the final double bond in the chemical structure and it is three carbon atoms from the “omega” molecular chain.
- Omega-6 is different from omega-3 as the last double bond is six carbon atoms from the omega end of the fatty acid molecule.
- Omega-9 are monounsaturated fatty acids which means that they have only one double bond. It is located nine carbon atoms from the omega end of the fatty acid molecule.
While Omega-3 and 6 cannot be made by our body and are called essential fats, omega-9 can be produced by our body.
What are the benefits of Omega 3,6,9?
The three Omega fatty acids have their own individual benefits:
Omega 3 Fatty Acids:
- Forms a vital part of cell membranes
- Supports mental health
- Improves heart health
- Supports healthy weight management
- Shown to reduce inflammation
- Supports infant brain development
- Promotes brain health
Omega 6 Fatty Acids:
- Shown to reduce nerve pain
- Supports bone health
- Shown to decrease blood pressure
- Shown to lower heart disease risk
- Shown to help alleviate symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
Omega 9 Fatty Acids:
- Shown to reduce cardiovascular disease risk
- Acts as a substitute in case of low levels of Omega 3 and 6.
Why Omega 3-6-9 Fatty Acid Supplements?
The health benefits conferred by Omega 3,6, and 9 are important throughout our lifespan. In early life, these fatty acids play an essential role in growth and development, including the development of the eyes and brain. Increased intake of Omega 3,6,9 fatty acids during pregnancy has been associated with decreased maternal depression, reduced rates of preterm birth, and reduced allergies and asthma in children. In adults, greater consumption of these fatty acids has been associated with cardio-protective effects.
However, Omega 3,6,9 fatty acid intake in the Western diet is typically low compared to recommended intakes. Omega-3 6 9 supplements encompass the benefits provided by all individual fatty acids and provide a balanced amount of all three acids. These supplements can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, keep skin healthy, improve mood, enhance brain function, maintain cardiovascular health and support healthy growth and development.