What is Vardenafil 10mg-60mg Tablets Vilitra or Levitra used for?
Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg are used to treat erectile dysfunction (impotence) in men, which is the inability to achieve or maintain a hard erect penis suitable for sexual activity, due to insufficient blood flow into the penis. Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg relax the blood vessels in the penis increasing blood flow and causing an erection, which is the natural response to sexual stimulation. However, Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg will only work if you are sexually aroused.
Vardenafil, also known by the brand name Levitra, is an Rx medication that treats male erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction is when a man is unable to get or sustain an erection. It usually happens because the arteries that carry the blood to the penis are too narrow. Vardenafil increases blood flow to the penis. Its action is similar to that of sildenafil, or Viagra, but Viagra lasts between 2 and 4 hours, while Levitra lasts 4 hours.
Brand names: Avitra, Verdanafil, Verdenafil, Levitra, Staxyn, Vivanza.
How do Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg Vilitra / Levitra generic work?
During a penile erection, the penis fills with blood. The blood vessels that supply the penis with blood expand, or dilate, and the vessels that take blood away from the penis contract. The two large chambers in the penis, known as the corpus cavernosa, fill with blood. As the blood accumulates in the penis, an erection results. Vardenafil belongs to a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase type-5 (PDE5) inhibitors. A PDE5 inhibitor stops PDE5 from constricting the arteries. By relaxing the arteries, vardenafil enhances blood flow when a man is sexually aroused. The active ingredient works on the chain of reactions within the penis during arousal. When a male is sexually aroused, nitric oxide is released into his penis, and this triggers a chain of reactions.
This causes an enzyme, guanylate cyclase, to produce cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). cGMP regulates the contraction and dilation, or expansion, of blood vessels that carry blood to and from the penis. The chemical reaction causes the vessels that supply the penis to dilate, while those removing blood from the penis contract. Phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5), another enzyme breaks down or destroys cGMP. When cGMP is destroyed, the blood vessels return to their normal size, effectively ending the erection. Vardenafil stops PDE5 from destroying cGMP. In this way, it allows cGMP to work for longer. As a result, it helps prolong an erection.
Vilitra tablets which contain Vardenafil 10mg-60mg acts on the erectile tissue of the penis to increase blood flow which causes an erection. During sexual stimulation nitric oxide is released in the erectile tissue of the penis which activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase. This enzyme increases levels of a chemical called cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP), which relaxes the blood vessels in the penis and allows blood to fill the spongy erectile tissues to cause an erection. Another enzyme called phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) breaks down cGMP preventing blood flow into the penis, which causes loss of an erection. Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg inhibit the action of PDE5 which resolves erectile dysfunction by allowing the natural process of sexual stimulation to activate the cGMP mechanism for achieving and maintaining an erection.
How long do Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg Vilitra / Levitra generic last?
Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg should be taken within an hour of planned sex and in most cases, it helps you to get an erection in about 30 minutes that will last for around 4 hours, provided you are sexually excited. Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg do not work if you are not aroused.
What does Vardenafil tablets Vilitra / Levitra contain?
Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg contain the active ingredient vardenafil, which resolves erectile dysfunction (impotence) in men, by increasing blood flow into the penis. They also contain crospovidone, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal anhydrous silica, macrogol 400, hypromellose, titanium dioxide (CI77891), iron oxide yellow (CI77492), iron oxide red (CI77491).
Treating erectile dysfunction (impotence) with Vardenafil tablets Vilitra / Levitra
Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg contain vardenafil, a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor, used to treat erectile dysfunction in men (impotence). When taken before planned sexual activity, Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg (generic Levitra) inhibit the breakdown (by the enzyme PDE5) of a chemical called cGMP, produced in the erectile tissue of the penis during sexual arousal, and this action allows blood flow into the penis causing an erection.
Side effects of Vilitra / Levitra?
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Vilitra and Levitra tablets 10mg – 60mg include, headache, dizziness or light-headedness, flushing, nasal congestion, dyspepsia (heartburn), nausea. Less common side effects include, visual disturbance, increased tear formation causing watery eyes, changes in blood pressure (hypo and hypertension), sleepiness, dyspnoea (shortness of breath), pain (in the back joints, abdomen).
Very rare side effects may include priapism, when an erection lasts longer than 4 hours. This can damage the penis. If an erection lasts too long, the individual should seek medical attention. Patients should tell their doctor about all their medical conditions and any other medications or supplements they use before taking vardenafil.
This is especially important if they have:
- a deformity in the shape of the penis, such as Peyronie’s disease
- a heart condition, such as arrhythmia, heart failure, or angina
- a family history of a rare heart condition known as long QT syndrome
- hearing problems or hemophilia or some kind of bleeding problem
- hypotension (low blood pressure) or hypertension (high blood pressure)
- liver or kidney problems or have multiple myeloma, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, or some other kind of blood cell problem
- non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION)
- damage to the retina of the eye or stomach ulcers
- retinitis pigmentosis, a rare genetic eye disease
They should also tell the doctor if they have ever experienced priapism, a seizure, or if they have recently had a stroke or a heart attack.
Levitra or Verdenafil is available to purchase online, but users should consider the above points and check with their health provider first.
When should Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg (generic Levitra) not be used?
You should not use Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg (generic Levitra) if you:
- are allergic to vardenafil or any ingredients in Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg
- are taking any nitrate medication, such as nitroglycerin for angina, as it may lead to a severe drop in blood pressure
- have liver or kidney disease
- have a condition where sexual intercourse inadvisable due to cardiovascular or heart problems or you have had a heart attack or stroke in the last 6 months
- have abnormally high or low blood pressure
- have an eye disease like non-arteritic anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy (NAION), which causes loss of vision or if you have retinitis pigmentosa
- are taking medication that may interact with Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg (generic Levitra) or may increase your risk for side-effects, including cimetidine for treating ulcers, antibiotics like erythromycin and rifampicin, verapamil or diltiazem (for high blood pressure), ritonavir or saquinavir (for HIV), itraconazole or ketoconazole (for fungal infections) alpha-blockers like terazosin, tamsulosin and prazosin for enlarged prostate, doxazosin for benign prostatic hyperplasia
What medications interact with Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg (generic Levitra)?
Several medications interact with Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg (generic Levitra) and should either not be taken while you are taking Valif or only after discussion and instruction from your doctor:
- Drugs that cause a serious reaction with Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg (generic Levitra): any nitrate medication, such as nitroglycerin for angina, alpha-blockers like terazosin or doxazosin for benign prostatic hyperplasia, verapamil or diltiazem (for high blood pressure)
- Drugs that affect Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg (generic Levitra): cimetidine for treating ulcers, antibiotics like erythromycin and rifampicin, itraconazole or ketoconazole (for fungal infections), ritonavir or indinavir (for HIV
- Drugs that are affected by Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg (generic Levitra): like doxazosin for benign prostatic hyperplasia
How should Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg (generic Levitra) be taken?
You should take one Vilitra Vardenafil tablets 10mg-60mg (generic Levitra) with a glass of water approximately 25-60 minutes before sexual activity with or without food. The effect of Vilitra tablets 10mg-60mg can last as long as 4-5 hours after taking your tablet. You should take no more than one tablet a day and only if you plan to have sex.
Vardenafil is available in tablets of 10 mg, 20 mg, 40mg, and 60mg. The first dose is normally 10 mg. No more than one tablet should be taken in 24 hours. A 10-mg dose of vardenafil is approximately equivalent to 50 mg of sildenafil, or Viagra. This is because the chemical composition of vardenafil is different from that of sildenafil.
Vardenafil is taken 25 to 60 minutes before sex. The effect lasts for up to 5 hours. A maximum of one tablet can be used every 24 hours. The drug will not work unless the man is sexually aroused, so foreplay will normally be necessary. Vardenafil can be taken with or without food, but drinking alcohol is not advised, as it reduces the chance of getting an erection. Alcohol can also increase the risk of adverse effects.