What is Tretin® tretinoin 0.025-0.05 retinol cream
Tretin tretinoin cream is used to treat fine wrinkles, dark spots, or rough skin on the face caused by damaging rays of the sun. It works by lightening the skin, replacing older skin with newer skin, and by slowing down the way the body removes skin cells that may have been harmed by the sun. Tretinoin cream works best when used within a skin care program that includes protecting the treated skin from the sun. Tretin is available without prescription in okdermo skin care store.
All-trans-retinoic acid, aka tretinoin is an active form of retinol (vitamin A). In nature, it can be found both in vegetable substances and in animal products. It is capable of making bonds with nuclear receptors and initiating a cellular response with their help. It is worth mentioning that almost all cells in a body are sensitive to tretinoin. To prevent it accumulation in tissues, which in many cases may lead to various side effects, only small amount of product should be used on particular areas only. The result of Tretin cream application is active exfoliation, which leads to epidermis renewal at the cellular level, the quality of the extracellular matrix of the dermis is also considerably improved.
Retinoic acid is a chemical peel and belongs to skin treatments with a short recovery period. Retinoids (synthesized equivalents of vitamin A) regulate the processes of differentiation, proliferation, and intercellular communication. When retinoids get into a cell, they make a bond with nuclear sensors. As a result, particular sections of the cell genome are activated or decelerated.
Since the main effect of retinoids on cells is produced through nuclear sensors (through nuclear receptors and specific molecular activation mechanisms), they can be included in the same category as thyroid and steroids. The main advantages of this treatment are minimal skin damage, a brief recovery period and a low probability of complications.
- Tretin cream (Retin-A) is clearly a powerful skin care treatment, but there are tricks for using it to get the greatest benefits.
- Always apply it to your skin at bedtime. Never use it during the day and totally avoid the sunlight.
- Never layer tretinoin with benzoyl peroxide and ideally don’t apply it when you also have acid products on your skin like vitamin C, glycolic acid or salicylic acid.
- Always wait at least 15-30 minutes after cleansing and applying any other skin care products to your skin before you apply tretinoin cream.
Benefits of using tretinoin 0.025-0.05 retinoic acid peel
- Tretinoin helps to lighten the skin and prevent age spots by the way of exfoliating and deep chemical penetration capabilities.
- Tretinoin builds collagen to thicken and increase the structural strength of treated skin.
- Tretinoin helps to decrease a person’s risk of developing skin cancer. (This should be reason enough!)
- Skin just looks better and younger when use tretinoin.
Despite the many benefits of Tretin cream therapy to prevent wrinkles and other issues of aging skin, it can result in some issues if it’s not used correctly. For instance, when starting tretinoin therapy, you need to begin with “pearl-sized” portions for the face, neck, and chest. It is important to begin using it gradually to allow your skin to adjust. Its recommended to use it twice a week (every third night) for the first couple of months. During this time, understand that a little scaliness and irritation is normal at first, but if the treated skin becomes really sensitive, back off the tretinoin for a bit. Let your skin return to normal before you begin the treatment again. As your skin adjusts, slowly try to increase to using it every night.
Always consult to your dermatologist prior start using any tretinoin products topically.
When to use Tretin® tretinoin 0.025-0.05 retinoic acid peel
- Lack of collagen production;
- Disruption of skin’s natural moisture balance;
- Mimic wrinkles;
- Loss of skin elasticity and strength;
- Need for skin whitening;
- Excessive pigmentation caused by solar radiation;
- Skin aging and photoaging;
- Acne and problematic skin;
- Acne scars treatment;
Contraindications for Tretin® tretinoin 0.025-0.05 retinol cream
- Various allergies – indicate the probability of severe skin reaction to the treatment, also increased with the use of retinoids that makes skin more reactive;
- Atopic skin, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis etc. – indicate skin hypersensitivity (reactivity);
- Viral infections – under the influence of retinoids and acids, can cause herpes lesions in patients with a history of herpes;
- Warts – can cause further viral shedding from a wart;
- Photosensitivity – high skin sensitivity to solar or other types of UV radiation;
- Compatibility with pharmaceutical products – those who have taken roaccutane should wait at least half a year before getting a retinoic acid peel;
- Liver diseases, including previous hepatitis infections;
- Pregnancy or pregnancy planning within a year, as well as lactation, for retinoids are embryotoxic, do not use Tretin cream if you pregnant or planning to become.