What is Tiotropium Bromide 9mcg Tiova® Inhaler (Spiriva Generic)?
Tiova inhalers are used by patients diagnosed with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The product is composed of Tiotropium Bromide, and they are drugs known to have anti-asthmatic properties. Tiova inhalers are only recommended use as inhalers. Your physician will decide which minimal dose is needed to obtain the desired outcome. Therefore never use these inhalers as an over-the-counter medicine. The inhalers are suggested to be used every day to prevent the worsening of symptoms. With the frequent usage of the inhaler, you will feel that you are 100% cured. But respiratory conditions such as asthma and COPD can’t be cured. When you stop taking the inhalers, symptoms can get worse. So try to inhale the prescribed inhalational medicine every day.
Tiova Inhaler helps the airways in your lungs stay open. It relaxes the muscles of these airways. This makes it easier for air to get in and out. It will relieve symptoms such as tightness in your chest, shortness of breath, wheezing, and coughing and help you carry out your daily activities more easily. This medicine is safe and effective. It usually starts to work within a few minutes and the effects can last up to several hours. Do not stop using it unless you are advised to by your doctor.
Tiotropium is a medication that belongs to the anticholinergic drug class. This is an inhalational anticholinergic medication and is usually used in the manufacturing of inhalers. There are cholinergic receptors inside the airways, which are innovated by the release of acetylcholine. The inhalation of Tiotropium inhibits the release of acetylcholine within the airways. So this helps in widening the airways resulting in easy breathing. This mechanism of action of the drug is used to relieve asthma and COPD symptoms. Frequent usage of the Tiotropium can reduce the symptoms such as shortness of breath and mucus accumulation.
Side effects of Tiotropium Bromide 9mcg Tiova® Inhaler (Spiriva Generic)
You will experience few side effects until your body adapts to the new inhaler. But there are instances where these side effects last longer. In such cases, discuss it with the physician to make necessary changes: dehydration of oral cavity, upset stomach, reduce bowel movements, vision impairment, chest pain.
How to use Tiotropium Bromide 9mcg Tiova® Inhaler
Take the Generic Spiriva inhaler and hold it with the dominant hand by placing the mouthpiece downwards. Seal the mouthpiece in between the lips and press the inhaler. Breathe in and hold your breath for a few seconds. Repeat the same until you complete the correct number of puffs.
- Don’t inhale the Tiova inhaler if you are allergic to Tiotropium bromide
- Anticholinergic usage can worsen glaucoma and prostatitis; therefore take precautions when using the product.
- Avoid consuming alcohol and the Tiova inhalers together. Because the Tiotropium Bromide can interact with the alcohol to make you feel drowsy. So remember to avoid driving and machinery after the inhalation.
- Consult a physician if you are pregnant. The physician will decide which inhaler suits you and the fetus.
- Discuss more with the doctor before inhaler usage if you are a breastfeeding mother.
- If you are a known patient with a liver problem, discuss lowering the dosage as much as possible with the physician.
- Wash your oral cavity after inhaler usage.
- If you are concerned about your kidney, check your kidney function while using Tiova inhalers frequently.