WHAT IS THYROID-S NATURAL THYROID EXTRACT 60MG
Thyroid-S is a non-prescription (OTC) form of desiccated thyroid extract manufactured by famous and reputable SPS Sriprasit. Desiccated thyroid or thyroid extract, gluten-free and refers to porcine (or mixed beef and pork) thyroid glands, dried and powdered for therapeutic use. SPS Sriprasit Pharma is a leading importer of pharmaceutical products, and has been a GMP and ISO 9002-certified manufacturer of pharmaceutical products. Patients report they are very satisfied with this thyroid extract pills. The Thyroid-S tablets are brown with a hard coating, they do not dissolve well as is, but can be chewed. They have a papaya like taste
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THYROID-S NATURAL THYROID EXTRACT 60MG
Natural Desiccated Thyroid (NDT)
Each tablet contains: Thyroid Extract 60 mg. (1 Tablet = 60mg = 1 grain), (1 Bottle contains 1000 Tablets)
Source of extract: Porcine (Made From Pig). Tablets are light brown, round, coated
Each tablet contains: 38 mcg of Levothyroxine (T4) and 9 mcg of Liothyronine (T3)
Indication: Hypothyroidism, thyroid deficiency agent.
Dosage: 30 to 250 mg. (1 tablet = 60mg = 1 grain) daily or as directed by a physician.
INGREDIENTS LIST OF THYROID-S NATURAL THYROID EXTRACT 60MG
- Thyroid extract USP
- Lactose (a milk sugar and is a filler)
- PVP K90 (Polyvinylpyrolidone; water soluble coating/binder; no known hazard)
- Avicel (microcrystalline cellulose; holds product together)
- Aerosil (silicic acid powder; help disperse the ingredients)
- Sodium starch glycolate (helps dissolute/disintegrate the pill)
- Magnesium stearate (filling agent)
- Eudragit (a common sustain-released coating)
- Methocel (a water soluble cellulose — helps bind pill)
- Talcum (a filler)
- Ponceau 4r lake (red additive-aluminum)
- Tartrazine lake (yellow additive-aluminum)
- Brilliant blue FCF lake (blue additive-aluminum)
- Sunset yellow FCF (yellow additive)
- Titanium dioxide (white)
- PEG 6000 (water soluble polymer; binder)
HOW TO USE THYROID-S NATURAL THYROID EXTRACT 60MG
Thyroid-S should be taken with water on an empty stomach, preferably 30 minutes before a meal. The dose of Thyroid-S that you take should be as recommended by your doctor. The usual starting dose is 30 mg Thyroid-S, with increments of 15 mg every 2 to 3 weeks, depending on the levels of T3 and T4 measured in the blood during treatment, so blood monitoring is important while you are taking Thyroid-S. It usually takes several weeks to see normal levels of blood thyroid hormone levels after starting treatment and you may need to take Thyroid-S for the rest of your life.
If you miss a dose of Thyroid-S take it as soon as you remember, unless it is time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose. Since Thyroid-S tablets are used to replace a thyroid hormone deficiency this is a long-term treatment and may be for the rest of your life. Keep your Thyroid-S 60mg tablets in the bottle until it is time to take one. Store in a cool dry place away from light where the temperature stays below 25°C.