What is Salyzap Day Time® Gel?
Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid that is traditionally used in the treatment of acne. It’s well-known for reducing acne by exfoliating the skin and keeping pores clear. Although salicylic acid is considered safe overall, it may cause skin irritation to certain people. It may also remove too much oil, resulting in dryness and potential irritation. Other potential side effects include skin tingling or stinging, itching, and peeling skin.
Countering these side effects of the conventional salicylic acid treatment, Salyzap Day Time® Gel is a step ahead formulation backed by science. Packed with well-researched actives, this gel effectively treats acne skin conditions without imparting any ill effects to the skin.
How to use Salyzap Day Time® Gel
- Apply as a spot therapy on the acne every morning after cleansing with a cleanser
- Allow 1-2 minutes before layering with other serums or moisturizers
- Although it shows significant results within days, it is suggested to keep using it for at least a week after clearing of acne to ensure its full effect
Main ingredients of Salyzap Day Time® Gel
Sepicontrol A5 from France is a blend of Capryloyl Glycine and Sarcosine and Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract. The combination of a Glycine AMINOVECTOR™, which has anti-bacterial properties with cinnamon bark extract known for its astringent properties develops a well-rounded defense against the 5 main causes of acne-prone skin.
- Prevents the proliferation of microorganisms and stimulates immune system defenses (HBD2)
- Fights inflammation (IL-1α , Anti-Elastase)
- Controls hyperkeratinization (reduction of Filaggrin)
- Anti-Seborrheic Activity (reduction of 5-alpha reductase)
- Controls production of peroxidable free fatty acids (Anti-Lipase). Proven in-vivo reduces by 78% the comedones in less than 2 months and decreases the skin lipids by 20%
Salicylic Acid is a tried-and-true ingredient for getting rid of blackheads, whiteheads, and excess oil – and keeping them out of the bay. A beta-hydroxy acid penetrates follicles to break down oil build-up, reducing and preventing pore blockages.
Salicylic acid is famed for its spot-fighting powers, but a Salyzap Day Time® Gel will actually do much more than shrink down an angry spot. A keratolytic agent, salicylic acid reduces the pH of the skin and increases hydration as well as the process of desquamation (the shedding of dead skin cells).
Nicotinamide is a therapeutic concentration of 4% effectively controls facial acne. Nicotinamide is a well-tolerated ingredient that reduces sebum production with significant differences in facial shine and oiliness. The anti-inflammatory properties of nicotinamide might have contributed to its success in acne.
Allantoin – due to its soothing property, allantoin is a great fit for acne scars. It reduces the redness caused by acne and helps in cell rejuvenation. The rejuvenation process can lighten the scars and result in an even skin tone.
Tea Tree Oil is a popular choice for treating acne because of its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It’s thought to calm redness, swelling, and inflammation. It may even help to prevent and reduce acne scars, leaving you with smooth, clear skin.