What is Salicylic 20%, 30% Peel
A potent salicylic chemical peel is manufactured by a high-quality K Derma. It comes in a 50ml brown/amber sun protected glass bottle. When used in higher concentrations in chemical peels (20%-30%), salicylic acid helps control acne breakouts, reduces discoloration, improves sun damaged skin, and results in an overall healthier looking appearance. In addition to that, salicylic peels also provide the typical anti-aging effect, similar to glycolic peels. Overall, salicylic acid based peels are perfect for people with oily and acne prone skin.
A chemical peel is a technique used to improve and smooth the texture of the skin. Facial skin is mostly treated, and scarring can be improved. Chemical peels are intended to remove the outermost layers of the skin. To accomplish this task, the chosen peel solution induces a controlled injury to the skin. Resulting wound healing processes begin to regenerate new tissues. The dead skin eventually peels off. The regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. It is strongly advised to seek a professional help from a dermatologist, aesthetician or plastic surgeon on a specific type of chemical peel before a procedure is performed.
Salicylic acid peels are treatments used to deeply exfoliate the surface layers of the skin. Salicylic acid breaks the bonds that hold the skin’s cells together, causing them to shed away or peel. As the skin regenerates, it is rejuvenated. Compared to other types of chemical peels, salicylic acid gives a gentle exfoliating action. Superficial salicylic acid peels can be done at home, with over-the-counter products. Stronger salicylic acid peels that penetrate more deeply are performed at the salon or the dermatologist’s office.
Benefits of Salicylic 20%/30% Peel
Many skin types can benefit from salicylic acid peels. And, because they are fairly gentle peels, salicylic acid can be used by people who aren’t good candidates for other types of peels.
Immediately following a salicylic acid peel, you’ll notice your skin feels softer and smoother. Salicylic acid peels can brighten your complexion. They also will give your skin a better texture and make large pores look smaller.
Salicylic acid peels are particularly helpful for treating acne and blackheads. Salicylic acid is a strong comedolytic, which means it helps unclog pores. It also helps decreases the amount of oil on the skin. Regular salicylic acid peels can help improve both inflammatory acne and comedonal acne.
Salicylic acid peels are also used as anti-aging peels. While they can’t erase deep lines and wrinkles, they can soften fine lines and give your complexion a boost. It is especially good at treating sun damage too.
A series of salicylic acid peel treatments can fade dark spots and discolorations like melasma, freckles, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (the discoloration that is left behind after a pimple heals).
How to use / Instructions: Salicylic Peel 20%/30%
- Prepare a neutralizing solution with 2 tbsp of baking soda and 1 cup of water in a small bowl. This solution will be used to deactivate the peel.
- Clean your skin thoroughly and rinse well. Wipe rubbing alcohol over your face to remove all oil. Allow to air dry.
- Apply a thick and even layer of salicylic acid solution with a small brush. Leave a 2mm margin between the edge of your eyes and the peel.
- Leave the peel on your skin for 2-10 minutes, depending on your tolerance. You can fan your face or use a blow-dryer on cool setting. For the first time users, do not leave it on for more than 1 minute.
- Wash your face with the prepared baking soda solution in order to neutralize the peel.
- Rinse your face with cool water and gently pat it dry. You should feel no stinging at this point. Stinging indicates that the product is still active on your skin, and this can result in a burn.
- Apply moisturizer as usual. When going out, avoid too much sun exposure and wear sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher.
- Your face may be slightly red for a day after the peel, but this will quickly fade and you will see the results develop over the next 7 days as the skin sheds off. The shedding process is not usually noticeable, unlike with a stronger peel.
- This procedure can be repeated every 7-14 days for a series of 5-6 peels