WHAT IS RETINO-A MICRO 0.04% TRETINOIN MICROSPHERE GEL
Retino-A Micro® 0.04% Tretinoin Gel is made by reputable Janssen Cilag (Johnson&Johnson daughter company). Retino-A Micro 0.04% Tretinoin Gel is a microsphere formulation containing moderate strength 0.04 percent of tretinoin (Tretinoin USP – 0.04% w/w as microcpheres) for the topical treatment of acne, vulgaris which uses a patented technology Microsponge® (methyl methacrylate / glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer porous microspheres for the delivery of active substances to the skin) to enable inclusion of the active ingredient, tretinoin, in an aqueous gel. This is a high quality generic of Retin-A Micro 0.04% Gel made by a brand manufacturer.
Retino-A Micro® 0.04% Tretinoin Gel is a mild to moderate concentration medical grade skin care solution for your skin. Retino-A Micro 0.04% Tretinoin Microsphere Gel has all the capabilities of simple Retinoic acid 0.4 percent cream but has a new skin penetration and delivery system called Microsponge®. The most technologically advanced time-release formula with micro-gel base for deeper skin penetration absorbs faster with special Microsponge molecular delivery system. There are three main types of topical tretinoin – a cream, a gel, and a gel Microsphere. There is often some confusion when talking about the two gel formats, Tretinoin Gel and Tretinoin Gel Microsphere. So let’s review the difference between them.
Not all Tretinoin gels is the Microsphere formula. The regular gel is not a time-release formula, and the gel itself contains a high amount of denatured alcohol. Plain simple Tretinoin Gel is clear – you can find it here. The Tretinoin Gel Microsphere formula does not contain as much denatured alcohol, and is an opaque, yellowish color. The difference is that Tretinoin Gel Microsphere uses a special delivery system called Microsponge, which is composed of tiny, sphere shaped particles with a porous surface. The porous surface allows for a sustained flow of the Tretinoin out of the sphere, and is what makes Tretinoin Gel Microsphere a time-release product. It’s worth noting that the spheres are so small that you cannot see or feel them in the product. This Tretinoin Supatret Microsphere Gel from OKDERMO.com has two different concentrations: Retino-A Micro 0.04% Gel, Retino-A Micro 0.1% Gel.
The exact mode of action of tretinoin is unknown, current evidence suggests that the effectiveness of tretinoin in acne is due primarily to its ability to modify abnormal follicular keratinization. Comedones form in follicles with an excess of keratinized epithelial cells. Tretinoin promotes detachment of cornified cells and the enhanced shedding of corneocytes from the follicle. By increasing the mitotic activity of follicular epithelia, tretinoin also increases the turnover rate of thin, loosely-adherent corneocytes. Through these actions, the comedo contents are extruded and the formation of the microcomedo, the precursor lesion of acne vulgaris, is reduced.
Additionally, tretinoin acts by modulating the proliferation and differentiation of epidermal cells. These effects are mediated by tretinoin’s interaction with a family of nuclear retinoic receptors. Activation of these nuclear receptors causes changes in gene expression. The exact mechanisms whereby tretinoin-induced changes in gene expression regulate skin function are not understood.
BENEFITS OF RETINO-A MICRO 0.04% TRETINOIN MICROSPHERE GEL
- Microsponge trechnology in Retino-A Micro® 0.04% Tretinoin Gel actively absorbed and provides a more consistent treatment of acne, without irritation, in comparison with the conventional plain tretinoin gels or creams.
- Proprietary Microsponge formula reduces side effects such as dryness, redness and irritation;
- Retino-A Micro® 0.04% Tretinoin Gel reduces the production of sebum, relieves inflammation, exfoliates dead cells;
- Totally removes dark spots after acne and actively heals existing inflammation;
- Retino-A Micro® 0.04% Tretinoin Gel effectively rejuvenates the skin, evens tone and wrinkles, by the way it is approved by FDA.
DO NOT USE RETINO-A MICRO 0.04% TRETINOIN MICROSPHERE GEL
Do not use Retino-A Micro® 0.04% Tretinoin Gel in the following cases: if you are a children under 12 years, if you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant in the following 3 months, lactation, acute inflammation (including eczema) lesions of the skin (dermatitis, seborrhea, and others), rosacea, skin lesions (wounds, burns, etc.), photosensitivity, diseases of the rectum, hypersensitivity to any component of the gel (discontinue use and consult a dermatologist).
Side effects from using Retino-A Micro® 0.04% Tretinoin Gel reaches a peak within the first week of treatment, and then spontaneously go – scaling, dryness, burning, redness; increased sensitivity to sunlight and UV rays. Rarely (in 5-12% of cases): erythema, itching, temporary hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation (possible with multiple application of tretinoin).
HOW TO USE RETINO-A MICRO 0.04% TRETINOIN MICROSPHERE GEL
- Before using Retino-A Micro® 0.04% Tretinoin Gel apply the cleanser and wait until complete drying of the skin (20 minutes);
- Apply topically Retino-A Micro Gel a thin layer on the entire affected surface 1 times day in the evening, avoiding contact with eyes and mucous membrane of the lips.
- Later, when skin used to Retino-A Micro® 0.04% Tretinoin Gel you may apply 1-2 times a day for 1-6 hours and then washed off with warm water;
- For people with fair and dry skin exposure time at the beginning of the treatment is 30 minutes, then duration of exposure can be gradually increased;
- Avoid the use of other products on the treated areas (at least 1 hour after application of tretinoin), if there is dry (after an hour of applying the gel), apply a moisturizer;
- The result will be seen after 1-4 weeks of treatment. Treatment time – 3-4 months.
RECOMMENDATIONS WHEN USING RETINO-A MICRO 0.04% TRETINOIN MICROSPHERE GEL
Strongly not recommended to use Retino-A Micro® 0.04% Tretinoin Gel if you have wounds, burns or symptoms of eczema, dermatitis or rosacea, if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of the drug. If any of the symptoms of allergy – contact your dermatologist immediately. Do not use for a week or two after the irritating procedures (peels, hair removal, etc.). The use of excessive amounts does not give rapid effect, but on the contrary can make the skin more irritable and dry.
Transient sense of warmth and a slight burning sensation may be noted after application, excessive dryness of the skin, it is a sign that we should reduce the frequency of applications, and possibly hes numbers. If this does not work, apply the gel on 5-40 minutes and rinse with water. Your skin should gradually adapt to it. Also if there are dry, it is necessary to use moisturizer for better therapy.
Users with hypersensitivity to the sun should exercise particular caution. When applied topically should be protect skin from exposure to sunlight and artificial UV-exposure, wind, cold;
having a tan, treatment should begin after the weakening of tanning. If contact with mucous membranes of the mouth, rinse with water, do not use with products which have irritation or desiccating properties (for example, sulfur, resorcinol, salicylic acid, containing alcohol and others.). Avoid contact with the peel of lime. In the early weeks of therapy, may occur exacerbation of inflammatory lesions, but this should not be considered as a reason to discontinue wrinkle treatment therapy.
RETINO-A MICRO 0.04% TRETINOIN MICRO GEL INGREDIENTS LIST
- Tretinoin USP 0.04% w/w
- Preservative Sorbic acid IP 0.175% w/w
- Preservative Benzyl alcohol IP 0.9% w/w
- Aqueous Microsphere gel base q.s.