What is Rejusure® 2% Salicylic Acid Facial Serum?
Rejusure salicylic Acid Facial Serum exfoliates the skin. It removes dead and dull skin cells, replacing old damaged skin with fresh, new, and bright skin. Perfect for oily skin concerns, glycolic acid serum clears excess sebum and purifies comedones. With exfoliating and dirt-destroying properties, this serum works synergistically toward clearer, brighter, and more radiant skin.
By peeling dry and dull old skin, salicylic acid induces skin regeneration. The skin responds by replacing cells lost in exfoliation. It reveals new, fresh and bright skin. It frees pores and follicles of debris accumulated inside their canals. Therefore, it helps reduce enlarged pores size, unifying the skin texture. It purifies the skin from impurities, dirt, and debris.
The glycolic acid serum is comedolytic. So, it fights acne. By targeting pre-acne lesions, salicylic acid cuts off the progress of a clogged pore to an inflamed acne spot. It removes dead skin and excess sebum, helping to evacuate oil glands and hair follicles where debris build-up. Additionally, it weakens acne-causing bacteria, reducing bacterial growth and proliferation inside clogged pores.
Rejusure® Salicylic Acid Facial Serum brightens the skin. It clears hyperpigmentation related to sun exposure or scarring. Through its exfoliative activity, it regulates pigment secretion and dispersion. Salicylic acid is a brightening agent. It evens the skin tone for a glassy, smooth appearance.
- Salicylic Acid is a powerful acne-fighting ingredient. It works by reducing the number of skin cells within pores, which prevents pimples from forming.
- Glycerin acts as a humectant, that allows the skin to retain moisture. It increases skin hydration and relieves dryness.
- Castor Oil has antibacterial properties that fight free radicals in your body and promotes overall skin health.
What is Salicylic Acid?
Salicylic acid is the only FDA-approved beta hydroxy acid for topical skin application. Beta hydroxy acids are fat-soluble skin peeling agents. Despite salicylic acid’s renowned skincare potential, For over 2000 years, people have been using salicylic acid to treat multiple dermatological issues. Its ability to thin and exfoliate stratum corneum makes it a beneficial compound for acne and oily skin.
Salicylic acid causes a superficial peel, unlike retinol and potent alpha hydroxy acids, which cause the medium to deep peels with multiple side effects. Therefore, salicylic acid is safe and efficient for cosmetic purposes and treats conditions like melasma, dyschromia, and acne.
Exfoliation works by inflicting controlled chemical injury to skin layers of varying depths. The deep derm stem cells respond by promoting skin cell regeneration enhancing the architectural structure of collagen and cells. Subsequently, visible signs of increased cellular turnover are firmer, brighter, and more elastic skin.
Salicylic acid clears hyperpigmentation by thinning the superficial stratum corneum, causing the dispersion of melanin. The regulated pigment distribution leads to an even, unified and smooth tone.
How to use Rejusure salicylic Acid Facial Serum?
- Apply on a clean face at nighttime only
- Squeeze a pea-sized volume on your fingertips and gently rub over your skin
- To avoid intolerance, start with a single application over two to three days, then progressively increase the application to once every night
- Slight stinging, redness, and burning are common side effects. If irritation is excessive (if you feel like your face is on fire), rinse immediately and check with your dermatologist for possible allergies