What is Pilorute® Hemorrhoids Treatment Cream?
Pilorute® Hemorrhoids Treatment Cream reduces discomfort, improves blood flow, decreases leakage as well as rupture of veins and prevents clotting of blood. This effectively relieves pain, swelling, irritation or itching caused due to piles. It also has antioxidant properties that promote healing in plies (hemorrhoids). Always use the medicine as prescribed to get maximum benefit. Make sure to avoid spicy, oil-rich food and take plenty of fibers to aid in digestion and ensure speedy recovery.
This combination medication Pilorute® is used to treat minor pain, itching, swelling, and discomfort caused by hemorrhoids and other problems of the anal area (e.g., anal fissures, itching). This medication contains lidocaine, an anesthetic that works by temporarily numbing the area. This product also contains hydrocortisone, a corticosteroid that reduces redness, itching, and swelling.
Pilorute® Cream is a combination of six medicines: Lidocaine, Calcium Dobesilate, Hydrocortisone, Phenylephrine, Zinc Oxide and Troxerutin.
- Lidocaine is a local anesthetic which blocks pain signals from the nerves to brain thereby decreasing pain sensation. Lidocaine is used to treat piles (haemorrhoids) inside or around your bottom (anus), itchy bottom. These treatments do not cure piles but they can help with the pain and itching.
- Calcium Dobesilate and Troxerutin are vasoprotective medicines which strengthen the blood vessels in the affected area and promoting healing. Calcium dobesilate is a venotonic drug, which is capable of controlling symptoms of a hemorrhoidal attack, reducing microvascular permeability, decreasing platelet aggregation, and having antioxidant properties.
- Hydrocortisone is a steroid which reduces redness, itching, and swelling.
- Phenylephrine is a decongestant that shrinks the swollen blood vessels to further relieve itching and irritation in piles. Phenylephrine, which belongs to a class of drugs known as sympathomimetic amines. It works by temporarily narrowing the blood vessels in the area. This effect decreases swelling and discomfort.
- Zinc Oxide has astringent and antiseptic action.
Brand name: Anucort-HC, Anumed-HC, Anusol-HC, Cortizone-10 Anal Itch Cream, Hemorrhoidal HC, Hemril-30, Hemril-HC Uniserts, Preparation H Hydrocortisone, Procto-Kit 1%, Procto-Kit 2.5%, Procto-Pak 1%, Proctocort, Proctocream-HC, Proctosert HC, Proctosol-HC, Proctozone HC, Proctozone-H, Recort Plus, Rectasol-HC, Tucks HC, Ana-Lex, LidaMantle HC, AnaMantle HC, Lidazone HC, AnaMantle HC Forte, Senatec HC, RectaGel HC, Peranex HC, LidaMantle HC Relief, Xyralid LP, Xyralid, BP Ana-Lex HC, Lidocort.