What is Minimalist® Vitamin B5 10% Face Moisturizer?
A very high concentration of Vitamin B5 / Panthenol (at 10%) for deep, oil-free moisturization and repairing skin. A combination of Zinc, Copper, and Magnesium has a radical scavenging effect. They inhibit the cellular free radical formation and provide clear, fresh skin. Boosted with Hyaluronic Acid and Betaine for providing multi-level hydration. Formulated with D-Panthenol USP, sourced from BASF, Germany.
- Vitamin B5 (Panthenol): Provides deep-penetrating moisture to the skin, and stimulates epithelization to provide wound healing and anti-inflammatory effects. This makes Vitamin B5 an excellent ingredient as it shows immediate effects as humectants and reduces TEWL with continued use by repairing the skin barrier.
- Biosaccharide Gum: A natural occlusive that forms a light, breathable layer on the skin and prevents TEWL.
- Zinc, Copper & Magnesium: Have radical scavenging effects and together they inhibit the cellular free radical formation. These minerals also boost oxygenation of the skin cells and result in increased cell metabolism and cell regeneration.
- Hyaluronic Acid: HA is critical in maintaining skin hydration, although it can be degraded by free radical mechanisms caused by things like UV exposure. Topically applied, it helps to hydrate the skin and maintain this hydration as a humectant.
- Betaine: Betaine is a humectant (hydration-optimizing) ingredient that may be plant-derived or synthetic. It also occurs naturally in the skin and the body. It’s known as an osmolyte, an ingredient that helps skin adapt to moisture losses and gains, essentially working to balance skin’s hydration. Betaine is often included in cleansing blends because of its gentle soothing nature that helps offset the potentially irritating effects of detergents. It’s also used as a hair conditioning ingredient.
How to use Minimalist® Vitamin B5 Skin Moisturizer?
Use after cleansing, toning, and applying all serums. Take a sufficient quantity of a product and massage it into the face and neck until it is fully absorbed.