What is Meditoxin® / Neuronox® Muscle Relaxant
Meditoxin® / Neuronox® is an immunobiological drug that has a muscle relaxant effect. The protein complex obtained from Clostridium botulinum consists of neurotoxin type A and other proteins. Under physiological conditions, this complex breaks down and pure neurotoxin is released. Neuronox (Clostridium botulinum toxin type A) binds to the nerve endings of motor neurons, penetrates into nerve cells, and blocks the release of acetylcholine in the neuromuscular synapse, thereby causing chemical local muscle denervation, leading to the development of muscle weakness and paralysis.
Neuronox has been used for over 15 years (since 2004) in aesthetic medicine in 30 countries around the world. The active substance – a complex of botulinum toxin type A, excipients – human serum albumin, sodium chloride.
Indication and Usage of Meditoxin® / Neuronox®
- Benign essential blepharospasm in adults aged 18 or more
- To treat foot deformities due to spasticity in pediatric cerebral palsy patients aged 2 or older
- To temporarily improve moderate to severe glabellar lines related to eyebrow wrinkle muscle (corrugator muscle) and/or procerus muscle activity in adults aged from 20 to 65
- Muscle spasticity: upper limb local muscle spasticity related to stroke in adults aged 20 or more
- Treatment of moderate to severe lateral canthal lines associated with orbicularis oculi activity in adult patients 20~65 years of age
- Treatment of cervical dystonia in adult patients, to reduce the severity of abnormal head position and neck pain
Application of Meditoxin® / Neuronox®
- Essential blepharospasm in patients over 18 years old
- Equinus deformity of the foot caused by spasticity in children with cerebral palsy from 2 years of age
- Deep glabellar (glabellar) wrinkles in adults under 65
Anyone who wants in one procedure:
- Permanently eliminate mimic wrinkles on the face and neck
- Horizontal wrinkles on the forehead
- Wrinkles around the eyes
- Wrinkles of the back of the nose
- Wrinkles above the upper lip
- Nasolabial folds
Get a face and neck lift effect:
- Raise drooping eyebrows and corners of the mouth
- Make the oval of the face clear
- Eliminate vertical wrinkles on the neck
- Relax overly tense chin muscles (bumpy tense chin), chewing muscles (massive jaws, bruxism)
- Eliminate excessive sweating in the armpits, feet, palms.
Benefits of Meditoxin® / Neuronox®
- Naturalness, the face looks rested
- Does not cause skin dependence
- Safety of the procedure
- Short procedure time (from 5 minutes to 30 minutes)
- Does not require anesthetic
Procedure / How to use the Meditoxin® / Neuronox® Injection
Intramuscular injection. Deep glabellar (glabellar) wrinkles in adults under 65: Neuronox, after dilution in a ratio of 4 U / 0.1 ml, is injected using a 30 G needle. 0.1 ml of the drug is injected into 5 points (a total of 20 U of the drug): two points per m. corrugator (muscle – brow furrower) of each eye and one point in the area of m. Procerus.
- The clinical effect appears 24 – 72 hours after injection and develops by the end of the first week. The duration of the action of the drug depends on the individual characteristics of the reinnervation of regional muscles.
- The therapeutic effect lasts approximately 3 – 6 months, which is associated with the peculiarities of the reinnervation of regional muscles in each patient.
- The restoration of the transmission of the nerve impulse occurs gradually, as new nerve endings are formed and contacts with the postsynaptic motor end plate are restored.