WHAT IS MEDIQUIN HQ 5% / HYDROQUINONE 5% CREAM
Mediquin Hydroquinone 5% Cream (HQ 5%) is made by reputable Pharmacore Laboratories. Mediquin Hydroquinone 5% Cream containing strongest and purest Hydroquinone 5 percent skin bleaching component in a creamy emollient base. Mediquin Hydroquinone 5% Cream is a medical grade skin bleaching, prescribed as a topical solution for the treatment of skin hyperpigmentation caused by oral contraceptives, black spots, melasma discolouration, dark skin patches and other skin disorders caused by melanin component/hormone.
Hydroquinone is a skin-bleaching and skin whitening agent that is used to lighten areas of darkened skin such as freckles, chloasma (also known as melasma), age spots, and dark pigmented acne scars/spots. Hydroquinone works by decreasing the production and increasing the breakdown of melanosomes (melanin pigment granules) in the skin’s pigment cells (melanocytes). It does this by inhibiting the activity of tyrosinase, the enzyme needed to make melanin.
WHEN TO USE MEDIQUIN HQ 5% / HYDROQUINONE 5% CREAM
For users/patients who want to whiten/bleach the skin gradually from “dark acne spots”, blemishes, black skin spots aka freckles and melasma condition, or whiten dark pigments in the skin. For medical use only, should only be used under strict medical supervision or by direct prescription from a dermatologist. If you feel the side effect occurs, please stop using Mediquin cream, it means your skin is not compatible/match with this product.
- In most cases, lightening of skin should be seen after 4 weeks of treatment. Sometimes it may take longer to see any change but if no bleaching effect is seen after 3 months of treatment, you should stop using hydroquinone.
- To increase the effectiveness of hydroquinone you should stay out of the sun, or wear protective clothing and use a SPF15+ sunscreen when outdoors. Do not use sunlamps or tanning salons.
- It is important to use hydroquinone regularly as directed until you achieve the desired bleaching, after which use only as needed to maintain results.
HOW TO USE MEDIQUIN HQ 5% / HYDROQUINONE 5% CREAM
Mediquin HQ 5% Hydroquinone 5% cream in very small quantity (drop size) apply topically on the skin area where desired for bleaching (melasma spots, freckles pigmentation). Mediquin Hydroquinone 5% Cream should only be used at night time 2-3 hours before going to bed after the skin is cleaned first with a cream or lotion cleanser.
Generally, a dark colour on the skin will turn white after 2 to 12 weeks of treatment (depends on case severity, skin tolerance and reaction). If the desired level of whitening has been reached, use Mediquin 5 percent hydroquinone cream only as needed to maintain results. Avoid contact with the eyes. Do not use for children under the age of 14 years. Keep out of reach of children. Restricted to pregnant and lactating women. Store Mediquin HQ 5% Cream in a cool place and always keep the lid tightly closed after use to avoid oxidation (contact with the oxygen which is in the air).
- Test for skin sensitivity before using by applying the cream to a small patch of hyperpigmented skin. If no redness or itching occurs within 24 hours, begin treatment.
- Clean and dry the skin before applying a thin film of cream twice daily to the area(s) in need of bleaching. Rub into the skin well.
- Apply just enough to cover the affected areas and avoid applying to the normal skin, as this will lighten as well. Hence wash your hands after applying unless these are areas of treatment.
- Do not apply near the eyes, mouth, and other mucous membranes. Avoid using other medicated topical products (particularly peroxide products) on the same area at the same time.
- When using non-medicated cosmetics, sunscreens, and moisturising lotions, apply hydroquinone first, then wait several minutes before applying them over the top.