What is Medigel® Scar Reduction Gel Sheet?
Everyone suffers from wounds due to injuries or surgical procedures at some point in their lives. Once your wound has fully healed, especially if it was deep or large, you may be left with a scar. Scar therapy bandage sheets made from silicone can be used to improve the appearance of scars. Though this mechanism is not fully understood, these sheets, if used appropriately, have been shown to have positive effects on many, but not all scars.
Medigel® Scar Treatment Silicone Sheets are thin, self-adhesive, fabric-backed sheets that improve the appearance of existing scars and help prevent the formation of new scars. The sheets can minimize the appearance of discolored or raised scars, and even occasionally scars that are years old. Silicone scar sheets work on discolored or raised scars, such as hypertrophic scars and keloids. The sheets can also be used for scars from minor burns, surgeries, or minor skin injuries.
Dermatologists are not certain why, but perhaps as the silicone in the scar sheet softens, it may aid in the reduction of scar appearance. While there is adhesive on one side of the Silicone Sheets, it does not stick well. We recommend you place Brown Micropore Tape from 3M, either the half-inch or the one-inch size, over the Silicone Sheets. The Micropore tape sticks well and dries easily after bathing. The average scar reduction time may be seen in as little as four to eight weeks, but individual results will vary with each patient and results cannot be guaranteed.
Introducing our Scar Reduction Gel Sheet, a scientifically advanced solution to reduce the appearance of scars. Our gel sheet is formulated using medical-grade silicone, which is clinically proven to be effective in reducing the visibility of scars. Medigel® Scar Reduction Gel Sheet helps the skin’s natural healing by fading off scars, and its gel sheet aids in the fast recovery of wounds. Its elastomeric compression aids in reducing hypertrophic and keloid scars.
Medigel® Scar Reduction Gel Sheets soften and smooths your scars to improve their appearance in just four weeks with Medigel® Scar Reduction Gel Sheets. Our large scar sheets are ideally sized to be used on hypertrophic scars and keloids, particularly long surgical scars such as C-section scars or larger injuries and burns.
Our Medigel® Silicone Scar Reduction Gel Sheet softens skin to avoid discomfort from everyday movement. They’re designed to be flexible and breathable for improved comfort. Silicone scar sheets are also washable, so you can use them for up to 21 days.
- It is available in multiple sizes
- It consists of organic oil moistening that helps to reduce the irritation and itching of scars
- It promotes the natural healing of skin by fading off scars
- Gel sheet helps to aid in the fastened recovery of scars
- It is easily removable, soothes natural skin, and is usable from both sides
Medigel® Scar Reduction Gel Sheet is a safe and effective way to reduce the visibility of scars caused by surgery, injury, or acne. The medical-grade silicone used in our gel sheet is clinically proven to be effective in reducing the appearance of scars, and it is safe for use on all skin types. Follow our recommended usage instructions for the best results. Get ready to say goodbye to unsightly scars and hello to confidence with our Scar Reduction Gel Sheet.
- Medical Grade Silicone – The silicone in Silicone Sheets helps to keep the sheet flexible and breathable, and to soften and smooth scar tissue.
- Types of Scars – Designed to improve the appearance of hypertrophic scars, keloids, burn scars, and long surgical scars like those left by a C-section.
- Recommended by Dermatologists – scar reduction technology – backed by patented silicone technology used by plastic surgeons, hospitals, and burns centers when treating scars.
Do Silicone Scar Sheets work on wrinkles?
Research has shown that silicone gel sheeting has been used to heal Keloid scarring, and this in turn turned out to be a great treatment for wrinkles. Silicone gel contains long-chain silicone polymers which cross-chain with silicon dioxide, and this combination spreads as a sheet and works 24 hours a day.
The short answer is yes. With botox or injectables, you might see immediate results, but with consistent use of any of these silicone patches, you’ll see an improvement in the appearance of your fine lines and wrinkles at a fraction of the cost and without any unnecessary irritation.
Improve the appearance of scars in just 4 weeks with our Medigel® Silicone Scar Reduction Gel Sheet. Our small scar sheets are ideally sized to be used on hypertrophic scars and keloids from minor injuries, burns, and surgeries. Our Scar Sheets are breathable, flexible, washable, simple to apply, and soften skin to avoid discomfort from everyday movement.
Why Use Scar Reduction Gel Sheet?
Scars can be unsightly and can cause self-consciousness and a lack of confidence. The Scar Reduction Gel Sheet is designed to help reduce the visibility of scars caused by surgery, injury, or acne. It can be used on all skin types and can help to improve the appearance of scars on the face, body (post-c-section scars), and limbs.
The Scar Reduction Gel Sheet works by creating a protective barrier over the scarred area, which helps to reduce the visibility of the scar. The medical-grade silicone used in our gel sheet is designed to hydrate the skin and promote collagen production, which can help to improve the overall appearance of the scar. The gel sheet also provides a soothing effect, which can help to reduce any discomfort or itchiness associated with scarring.
Our Scar Reduction Gel Sheet is hypoallergenic, latex-free, and safe for use on all skin types. Each sheet can be cut to size to fit the affected area. It is recommended to wear the gel sheet for a minimum of 12 hours per day and to replace it every week. The gel sheet can be worn while sleeping, exercising, and during other daily activities.
- For best results, it is important to carefully follow all usage and maintenance instructions in the product leaflet included in the box.
- Silicone Scar Sheets can be used on hypertrophic and keloid scars following injuries, burns, and surgery.
- Softens and visibly improves the appearance of scars in just 4 weeks.
- Breathable silicone technology results in increased hydration of the skin ensuring that the damaged, scarred skin recovers more quickly.
- Relieves the skin’s natural tension, and helps existing scars become thinner, less red, and more flexible.
- Every Silicone Scar Sheet is self-adhesive, washable, and durable for us to 21 days with proper care.
- It is essential to clean the Silicone Scar Sheet properly, on a daily basis. This is necessary to ensure good adhesion.
How to Use Medigel® Scar Reduction Gel Sheet
- Wash the affected area with soap and water and pat dry
- Peel off the protective film from one side of the gel sheet
- Place the gel sheet onto the affected area, with the adhesive side facing the skin
- Peel off the protective film from the other side of the gel sheet
- Gently press the gel sheet onto the skin, smoothing out any wrinkles or bubbles
- Wear the gel sheet for a minimum of 12 hours per day and replace it every week