What i is Lactic Peel 50%/70%
A potent lactic chemical peel is manufactured by a high-quality K Derma, it comes in a 50ml bottle amber or transparent. Lactic acid is an anti-wrinkle and pigmentation-fighting ingredient found in over-the-counter (OTC) and professional-grade skincare products. Derived from milk, lactic acid belongs to a class of anti-aging ingredients called alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs). Other examples of AHAs include glycolic acid and citric acid. If you have Rosacea or very dry and sensitive skin, then Lactic Acid Peel may be the better choice than any other peel. Lactic Acid only works to help the symptoms of Rosacea and does not offer a cure.
Lactic acid is specifically used to treat hyperpigmentation, age spots, and other factors that contribute to a dull and uneven complexion. Other benefits of AHAs like lactic acid include improved skin tone and reduced pore appearance. However, unlike AHAs such as glycolic acid, lactic acid is a bit milder. This makes a lactic acid peel a better choice for sensitive skin. Lactic acid may also be an option if you’ve tried another AHA in the past and found the product too strong.
Lactic Acid is derived from sour milk and is much milder on the skin versus Glycolic and Salicylic peels. Those with sensitive skin can apply this peel. The lactic acid peel helps eliminate germs, toxins, and dead cells. The peeling process is very similar to how Glycolic Acid works. Used For: Acne, Acne Scars, Blackheads/Whiteheads, Dry Skin, Sun-damaged Skin, Blotchy Pigmentation, Fine Wrinkles, Loss of Elasticity, Large Pores, in-grown hairs, Age Spots, Eczema, Seborrheic Keratosis, Hyperkeratosis, and Actinic keratosis.
Note about Retin-A: If you are using Retin-A cream/gel please do not use them on the same days that you use chemical peel products and most definitely do not mix them with chemical peel products. This will irritate your skin badly! It will cause extreme itching and redness along with peeling. Retin-A makes the skin very sensitive to the sun and to chemical peel products. Tretinoin exfoliates/peels the skin on its own. You can use Retin-A daily and do a weekly chemical peel but do not use Retin-A the day of your peel.
What acids are used for Chemical peel. A chemical peel uses a chemical solution to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin by removing its damaged outer layers. It is helpful for those individuals with facial blemishes, wrinkles, and uneven skin pigmentation. Chemical peels have been around for centuries. Cleopatra and the ancient Romans used various food acids to peel their skin. Lactic acid, an active ingredient of sour milk, was used topically as part of an ancient skin rejuvenation regimen. It is said that Cleopatra, Queen of Ancient Egypt, took bathes of asses’ milk to preserve the beauty and youth of her skin. Old wine was used for the same purpose, tartaric acid being the active ingredient.
Today there are lots of different acids used in different strengths and combinations to improve skin problems. Below are some common acids used alone or combined (with each other and/or fruit acids like citric acid or ascorbyl acid “vitamin C”):
- Lactic Acid (Strengths: 50% – 70% Duration of Peel: 5-15min)
- Glycolic Acid (Strengths: 15% – 50% Duration of Peel: 5-15min)
- Salicylic Acid (Strengths: 20% – 30% Duration of Peel: 5-20min)
- TCA Acetic Acid (Strengths: 15% – 30% Duration of Peel: 5-15min)
- Phenol (Strengths: 30%-55% Duration of Peel: 1-2hrs)
Alpha & Beta Hydroxy acids. The main difference between Alpha-hydroxy Acids (AHA) and Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHA) is their lipid (oil) solubility. Alpha hydroxy acids are water-soluble. Beta Hydroxy acids are oil soluble.
- Beta hydroxy Acids are best for oily and combination skin types
- Alpha hydroxy Acids are best for normal and dry skin types
Using a combination of both AHA’s and BHA’s can achieve a full spectrum chemical peel that can more effectively treat your skin type and problem.
Benefits of Lactic Peel 50%/70%
A lactic acid peel provides many skin benefits with minimal to no downtime, making it an effective treatment for early aging signs and imperfections of the skin. A lactic acid peel’s benefits include:
- Exfoliation of dead skin
- Smoothed facial lines and wrinkles
- Improvement of acne, acne scars
- Improvement of blotchy skin, uneven skin pigmentation, and melasma
- Younger, and more refreshed skin post-treatment
- Minimal to no downtime.
How to use / Instructions: Lactic acid 50%/70% Peel
- Prepare a neutralizing solution with 2 tbsp of baking soda and 1 cup of water in a small bowl. This solution will be used to deactivate the peel.
- Clean your skin thoroughly and rinse well.
- Wipe rubbing alcohol over your face to remove all oil. Allow airing to dry.
- Apply a thick and even layer of the lactic acid solution with a small brush. Leave a 2mm margin between the edge of your eyes and the peel.
- Leave the peel to rest on your skin for 2-10 minutes, depending on your tolerance. You can fan your face or use a blow-dryer in a cool setting. For first-time users, do not leave it on for more than 1 minute.
- Wash your face with the prepared baking soda solution in order to neutralize the peel.
- Rinse your face with cool water and gently pat it dry. You should feel no stinging at this point. Stinging indicates that the product is still active on your skin, and this can result in a burn.
- Apply your typical moisturizer as usual. When going out, avoid too much sun exposure and wear sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher.
- Your face may be slightly red for a day after the peel, but this will quickly fade and you will see the results develop over the next 7 days as the skin sheds off. The shedding process is not usually noticeable, unlike with a stronger peel.
- This procedure can be repeated every 7-14 days for a series of 5-6 peels
What is Pure Lactic Acid Chemical Peel 50% / 70%?
Pure lactic peel by OKdermo is a potent lactic acid chemical peel ideal for acne treatment as well as anti-aging. Lactic acid, an alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) is basically sour milk, used to balance skin’s PH and produce smooth skin.
While it is an ideal solution for acne, hyperpigmentation, and premature aging, it also amazingly treats stubborn skin conditions like psoriasis or environmental skin damage. The mechanism of action is the light exfoliation of dead skin cells from the surface to reveal a new flawless and even skin tone.
Why use Pure Lactic Acid Chemical Peel 50% / 70%?
The pure lactic acid chemical peel is an ideal treatment for acne, acne scars, blackheads, whiteheads, dry skin, sun-damaged skin, blotchy pigmentation, fine wrinkles, loss of elasticity, large pores, ingrown hairs, hyperkeratosis, and actinic keratosis. Let’s find out why you should buy our pure lactic peel for your skin.
- Boosts Collagen: OKdermo offers a pure Lactic acid peeling solution that promotes collagen and elastin fibroblast production in the skin. Using it regularly increases your skin’s elasticity, making your skin flexible and look younger.
- Hydrates the skin: The pure lactic peel naturally hydrates and moisturizes the skin by trapping the moisture under the skin. The pure lactic peel is a stronger peel and a level 1 peel must be used before deciding on a pure lactic peel for your skin. The hydrating properties of the lactic acid peel make the absorption of creams and lotions into the skin easier with improved results.
- Fades wrinkles and lines: The pure lactic peel is professionally formulated to fade away the wrinkles, fine lines, and scars on the skin with regular use. It rejuvenates and resurfaces the skin for a younger and smart look.
- Deeply exfoliates the skin: Remove the old and dead cells from your skin using our pure lactic peel that will replace them with new cells to give you smooth and healthy skin. Layering it increases its penetration into the skin, thus creating a deeper exfoliating effect.
- Biocompatible and Safe: The term acid might seem “scary” to hear, but AHA in our lactic acid peel are all safe and skin-friendly. Our formula uses effective levels of the active ingredient, has a PH ideal for human skin, and is thoroughly tested for both safety and efficacy.
If you are affected by any of the signs of skin damage or premature aging, no need to worry. Just give our chemical peels a try and you will be surprised by the results. Consider our chemical peels one of the best affordable buys you can find for the best chemical peel for skin. Visit our website to explore more skincare products or for any queries.