What is LacSoft C® Topical Gel?
Eczema is a condition in which patches of skin swells and become dry, itchy, rough, and red. LacSoft C® Topical Gel moisturizes the skin and helps reduce dryness and itchiness. It also reduces swelling and redness in the affected area. Apply LacSoft C® Topical Gel 1-2 times a day or as prescribed by your doctor. You might see an improvement in your skin after 2 to 3 weeks of treatment. LacSoft C® Topical Gel is used to treat the redness, swelling, itching, and discomfort of various skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting, inflammatory skin disease. It is not contagious but has a tendency to run in families. It affects 0.6% to 4.8% of the population. Age groups commonly affected area 10 to 20 and 50 to 60 years. The early-onset disease has a poorer prognosis. Age, gender, geography, and ethnicity are important determining factors in the prevalence.
Eczema (means boiling skin) is a condition wherein patches of skin become rough and inflamed with blisters which in the long run may cause itching and bleeding. Eczema is also known as atopic dermatitis. Between 10% and 20% of people worldwide develop atopic dermatitis, making it the most common type of eczema.
Different types of eczema include:
- Infantile eczema: Eczema beginning during infancy is called infantile eczema. In infants, itchy patches tend to develop on the scalp and face. For some children, the condition completely resolves by the time they are 2 years old.
- Hand eczema: Having atopic dermatitis increases the risk of developing hand eczema. Some people whose atopic dermatitis clears during adolescence develop hand eczema as adults. About 50% of those who develop atopic dermatitis continue to experience skin inflammation as adults, often in the form of hand eczema.
LacSoft C® Topical Gel is a combination of two medicines: Clobetasol and Lactic Acid which treat eczema and psoriasis. Clobetasol is a steroid that blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen, and itchy. Lactic Acid is a keratolytic medicine. It breaks down keratin clumps, removes dead skin cells, and softens the skin. It also enhances the absorption of Clobetasol into the skin.
How to use What is LacSoft C® Topical Gel?
- Apply to the affected areas as a thin film two or three times daily, or as advised by your doctor
- Don’t cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects
- After you have applied LacSoft C® Topical Gel, remember to wash your hands (unless your hands are in the treated area)
- Consult your doctor if your skin condition has not improved after 2 weeks of treatment
HIND EL MAJOUDI –
This gel has improved my eczema skin so well that it is almost healed and looks normal!