What is Glycerin 15% Cream/Lotion Secalia®
Secalia® cream and lotion are made by reputable and famous manufacturer Micro Laboratories LTD. Secalia skin cream contains purest glycerin 15% which is used for dry or flaky skin, chafed skin, chapped skin, injured or exposed skin. It extensively lubricates and moistens skin surfaces, helps in providing relief to chapped skin. Secalia cream lubricates and moistens skin surfaces, cracked skin, burns, seborrhoeic dermatitis, diaper rash, cut, and other conditions. Apply Secalia to the areas to be treated once or twice a day.
Glycerin 15% cream is used as a moisturizer to treat or prevent dry, rough, scaly, itchy skin and minor skin irritations (e.g., diaper rash, skin burns from radiation therapy). Emollients are substances that soften and moisturize the skin and decrease itching and flaking. Some products (e.g., zinc oxide, white petrolatum) are used mostly to protect the skin against irritation (e.g., from wetness).
Dry skin is caused by a loss of water in the upper layer of the skin. Emollients/moisturizers work by forming an oily layer on the top of the skin that traps water in the skin. Petrolatum, lanolin, mineral oil and dimethicone are common emollients. Humectants, including glycerin, lecithin, and propylene glycol, draw water into the outer layer of skin. Many products also have ingredients that soften the horny substance (keratin) that holds the top layer of skin cells together (e.g., urea, alpha hydroxy acids such as lactic/citric/glycolic acid, and allantoin). This helps the dead skin cells fall off, helps the skin keep in more water, and leaves the skin feeling smoother and softer.
How to use Glycerin 15% Cream/Lotion Secalia®
Use this product as directed by your doctor/dermatologist. Follow all directions on the product package. If you are uncertain about any of the information, consult your doctor. Apply to the affected areas of the skin as needed or as directed on the label or by your doctor. How often you apply the medication will depend on your skin condition. To treat dry hands, you may need to use the product every time you wash your hands, applying it throughout the day.
If you are using Glycerin 15% cream to help treat diaper rash, clean the diaper area well before use and allow the area to dry before applying the product.
If you are using Glycerin 15% cream to help treat radiation skin burns, check with radiation personnel to see if Secalia can be applied before radiation therapy.
Follow all the directions on the label for proper use. Apply to the skin only. Avoid sensitive areas such as your eyes, inside your mouth/nose, and the vaginal/groin area, unless the label or your doctor directs you otherwise. Check the label for directions about any areas or types of skin where you should not apply the product (e.g., on the face, any areas of broken/chapped/cut/irritated/scraped skin, or on a recently shaved area of the skin).
Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. Most moisturizers need water to work well. Apply the product after bathing/showering while the skin is still damp. For very dry skin, your doctor may instruct you to soak the area before using the product. Long, hot, or frequent bathing/washing can worsen dry skin.
Glycerin 15% Cream/Lotion Secalia® benefits
- Moisturizes skin: glycerin is a very effective moisturizer on the skin. It absorbs water from air reducing dry and dull patches on your skin. Your skin gets soft, supple and hydrated immediately on application. It adds hydration and health to your skin.
- Smooths skin: as your skin ages, it looks dull and becomes susceptible to irritation, redness and many other conditions, such as dry skin due to losing its ability to keep moisture. With aging, your skin also gets rough – but using glycerin regularly can make your skin smooth by filling in tiny cracks and prevent other problems associated with dryness.
- Maintains water balance: humectants in glycerin attract water from the air and keep water in your skin. Glycerin minimizes water loss due to evaporation and maintains skin’s water balance on an intercellular level– so keeps skin well hydrated and nourished.
- Nourishes skin: because of its skin nourishing properties, glycerin can be used every day. Its regular use will help keep your skin healthy, soft and fresh. It is especially great to use in the winter time to help combat winter chill.
- Enhances skin appearance: glycerin acts as an emollient that keeps your skin not only moist but soft and supple to touch. It makes your skin look healthier and attractive. Its therapeutic effects on wounds and other skin issues also lead your skin to look healthier and smoother.
- Heals skin: glycerin can help cells grow thus helping skin heal. Glycerin also acts as a natural medication for eczema and psoriasis. It reduces bruising and repairs cells more quickly.
- Protects skin: glycerin increases epidermal layer thickness and improves barrier function. It locks moisture in helping to keep harmful chemicals and environmental elements out of your skin. Get a more attractive, natural-looking appearance by adding glycerin into your skin routine, buy glycerin cream online on okdermo skin store.