Mode of action of main ingredients of Dr. Reckeweg R74 Drops
The remedies contained in this preparation bring about an improvement in nervous and debilitated constitutions. They also have an affinity to the motor nerves controlling the bladder functions.
Calcium phosphoricum: Constitutionally indicated in the asthenic patient.
Pulsatilla: Incontinence of urine, particularly in girls.
Ferrum phosphoricum: Incontinence of urine, also during the day.
Kalium phosphoricum: Nervous constitutions. General debility and weakness.
Sepia: Specific affinity to the bladder sphincter (insufficiency of). Nocturnal enuresis during first sleep. Close relationship to the sexual sphere.
Dosage of Dr. Reckeweg R74 Drops
- Nocturnal enuresis in small children: 8-10 drops in some water 3 times daily
- Reduce dosage after 2-3 weeks to twice daily
- The same regimen applies to older children, however, increase the dosage to 10-15 drops
- Adults should be given 10-15 drops 3 times a day over a longer period of time
- Many causes may precipitate nocturnal enuresis or bladder complaints and it is advisable therefore to elicit the deeper Iying causes to those complaints
- ‘Spina bifida occulta’ must be thought of
- Inflammatory processes in the urogenital tract: compare R18 to be given in addition to or in alternation with R74.
- Involvement of the prostate gland: R25