What is Crotorax HC® Topical Cream?
Crotorax HC® Skin Cream is a combination of two medicines: Hydrocortisone and Crotamiton. Hydrocortisone is a steroid that blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen, and itchy. Crotamiton is an antiparasitic that works by killing the tiny insects (mites) and their eggs, which cause scabies.
Crotorax HC® Topical is a drug that is used both as a scabicidal (for treating scabies) and as a general antipruritic (anti-itching drug). It is a prescription, cream-based medicine that is applied to the whole body to get rid of the scabies parasite that burrows under the skin and causes itching.
Crotorax HC® Skin Cream is a fast-acting treatment for itchy and irritated skin caused by skin conditions, such as eczema and dermatitis, allergies, and stings. Provides quick soothing relief that lasts all day or night to ensure you can carry on with your life as normal. The non-greasy and non-staining formula absorb quickly, letting you get on with your day.
Scabies is a condition caused by tiny insects called mites that infest and irritate your skin. Crotorax HC® Cream kills the mites and their eggs present on the skin. This gives relief from itching, swelling, and redness. Generally, the cream should be applied to the whole body except the face but follow your doctor’s advice. It should be thoroughly washed off after 8-12 hours. Often the one application is enough to treat the condition completely but sometimes a second one may be required a week later. This is because the treatment might kill the mites quickly, but the itching can carry on for a few weeks. Avoid close contact with people to prevent the spread of scabies.
Crotorax HC Cream is for external use only. You should always use it exactly as your doctor has told you. The affected area should be clean and dry before application. You must wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying for this medicine. Do not use more than you need as it will not clear your condition faster and some side effects may be increased. If your condition goes on for longer than four weeks or gets worse at any time, let your doctor know. You can help this medication work better by keeping the affected areas clean.
Common side effects include rash, redness, or itching at the site of application. Most of these are temporary and usually resolve with time. Please consult your doctor if these side effects persist for a longer duration. Avoid direct contact with the cream or ointment with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water.
What is eczema?
Eczema is a condition that causes the skin to become dry, itchy, red and in some cases cracked and sore. Eczema is more common in children but can affect adults too. The symptoms of eczema. If you have never had eczema before, you may be unclear on whether it’s eczema, an allergy, or just dry skin. There are some symptoms you can look for, including:
- Skin is itchy, red, dry, sore, and/or cracked
- Skin can be affected in small localized patches or over the whole body
- Common areas affected by eczema are the hands, creases of elbows and knees or the face and scalp
How to cope with eczema:
- Crotorax HC® Topical Cream provides rapid relief from mild to moderate eczema. Its dual-action formula helps reduce inflammation and stop itching to help soothe your skin.
- While we know this can be easier said than done, if you can reduce stress it could help with your eczema. Stress can trigger an eczema flare-up or worsen symptoms.
- There are many things that can trigger a flare-up of eczema, avoid the most common triggers such as perfumed soaps, dairy products, wool, pet hair, and cosmetics.
- Take a warm (not hot) bath or shower using a gentle cleanser. Then pat your skin dry with a clean towel and apply Crotorax HC® Topical Cream.