What is Crotorax® Crotamiton 10% Cream / Lotion?
It’s a special ingredient in Crotorax® that soothes itches by cooling the skin, helping to distract your body’s attention away from the itching and you to get back to normal. Crotorax® Cream provides long-lasting relief from itchy skin conditions and is non-greasy and non-staining. Suitable for adults and children over 3.
Crotamiton 10% is a medication sometimes used to treat scabies infestation. Crotamiton kills the scabies mites and helps with the intense itching associated with scabies. Although it is generally safe, some side effects have been reported. While other pesticides and drug combinations have taken the place of crotamiton as first-line therapy, it remains an option for the treatment of scabies.
Crotorax® Cream / Lotion is an antipruritics and scabicides medicine. It is used to treat scabies, a condition where tiny insects infest and irritate your skin. It works by killing the mites and their eggs. It is also used to relieve itching and skin irritation. Crotorax® is extremely effective against various conditions, including eczema and dermatitis, allergic and heat rashes, insect bites, and stings.
There are many things that can irritate your skin, leaving it itchy and inflamed. We’ve got some helpful tips to help you relieve the most common causes of skin irritation.
- Use a medicated cream such as Crotorax® Cream to relieve itching, or Crotorax HC® Cream to reduce inflammation and soothe your skin.
- Avoid hot baths or showers. Hot water can further irritate already irritated skin, it’s kinder to your skin to bathe in lukewarm or cool water.
- When drying your skin avoid rubbing with a towel. Instead, pat your skin dry to prevent further irritation to the skin.
- Use an unperfumed moisturizer, especially if you have an ongoing skin condition such as eczema or dermatitis, as perfumes can increase skin irritation.
- Consider wearing loose-fitting, cotton clothing. Some fabrics such as nylon and wool don’t allow the skin to breathe which can make skin irritation worse.
- Itchy, irritated skin can leave you feeling uncomfortable and can consume your every thought. Whether you’re suffering from eczema, an allergic reaction, or heat rash it can be hard to sleep, concentrate or continue with your daily routine, but help is at hand.