Nailrox® Cream is manufactured by reputable Intas Pharmaceuticals LTD. Nailrox cream contains Ciclopirox Olamine USP 1.0% active substance. This medication is used to treat fungal skin infections such as athlete’s foot, jock itch, and ringworm. Nailrox cream is also used to treat a skin condition known as pityriasis (tinea versicolor), a fungal infection that causes a lightening or darkening of the skin of the neck, chest, arms, or legs. Ciclopirox is an antifungal medication that works by stopping the growth of fungus.
Potent antifungal agent, 1% cream or lotion used topically for tinea infections; 8% nail solution used for onychomycosis; 1% shampoo for seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp. Ciclopirox topical is used to treat infections caused by fungus. It works by killing the fungus or preventing its growth. Ciclopirox cream, gel, or lotion are applied to the skin to treat:
- Ringworm of the body (tinea corporis);
- Ringworm of the foot (tinea pedis; athlete’s foot);
- Ringworm of the groin (tinea cruris; jock itch);
- “Sun fungus” (tinea versicolor; pityriasis versicolor); and
- Certain other fungus infections, such as Candida (Monilia) infections.
Ciclopirox gel, cream or shampoo may also be applied to the scalp to treat seborrheic dermatitis. Ciclopirox topical solution (nail lacquer) is applied to the nails to treat ringworm of the nails (tinea unguium).
Brand names and generics: Synpirox, C Win 1%, Triogel, Pretifungin 1%, Cyclonus, Ciclodan, CNL8, Loprox, Loprox TS, Penlac, Pedipirox-4.
How to use Ciclopirox Olamine Cream Nailrox®
- Use this cream on the skin only. Clean and thoroughly dry the area to be treated. Apply a thin layer of cream on and around the affected area and gently rub into the skin, usually twice daily or as directed by your doctor. Wash your hands after using unless the area being treated includes the hands.
- Do not apply the medication in the eyes, nose, or mouth, or inside the vagina. If you do get the medication in those areas, rinse with plenty of water.
- Use this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, use it at the same times each day.
- Continue to use this medication for the full time prescribed, even if symptoms disappear after a few days. Stopping the medication too early may result in a return of the infection.
- Your condition should start to improve within the first week of treatment. Tell your doctor if your condition worsens or does not improve after 2 weeks for pityriasis and after 4 weeks for other fungal skin infections.