WHAT IS BREVOXYL BENZOYL PEROXIDE 4% CREAM
Brevoxyl Cream is made by Stiefel Pharmaceuticals and containing Benzoyl Peroxide 4% in creamy emollient base. Similar to Benzac AC Gel but in creamy base. Benzoyl Peroxide 4% component is a topical agent used in acne treatment. It allows excess oils and dirt to be easily washed away from the skin. Brevoxyl Cream with Benzoyl Peroxide 4% works to harm the bacteria and fight the infection causing the pimples (acne).
The effectiveness of benzoyl peroxide 4% in the treatment of acne vulgaris is primarily attributable to its antibacterial activity, especially with respect to Propionibacterium acnes. The antibacterial activity of benzoyl peroxide 4% is due to the release of active or free-radical oxygen capable of oxidising bacterial proteins. Benzoyl peroxide 4% is also believed to be effective in the treatment of acne on account of its anti-inflammatory and mild keratolytic properties.
Brevoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide 4% Cream is used to treat mild to moderate acne. It may be used in combination with other acne treatments. When applied to the skin, benzoyl peroxide 4% works by reducing the amount of acne-causing bacteria and by causing the skin to dry and peel. Check the ingredients on the label even if you have used the product before. The manufacturer may have changed the ingredients. Also, products with similar names may contain different ingredients meant for different purposes. Before using Brevoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide 4% Cream for the first time, check if you are allergic to it. To check, put a small amount on one or two small areas of acne for three days. If you have an allergic reaction, stop using this product. If you don’t have an allergic reaction, you can use Brevoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide 4% Cream.
HOW TO USE BREVOXYL BENZOYL PEROXIDE 4% CREAM
- Apply a thin film of Brevoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide 4% Cream to the whole of the affected area once or twice daily, preferably after washing and drying the skin or as directed by your dermatologist.
- You should start with one application daily, preferably in the evening, and then gradually increase to two times daily (morning and evening) if tolerated.
- If excessive dryness or peeling occurs, frequency of application should be reduced or application temporarily interrupted at the dermatologists instructions or according to skin tolerability.
- Improvement can generally be seen after 4-6 weeks of treatment. However, longer use may be necessary for complete course.
- Maximum lesion reduction may be expected after approximately eight to twelve weeks of Brevoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide 4% Cream use. Continued use is normally required to maintain a clinical response.
- Side Effects: Excessive drying of skin, allergic dermatitis, may bleach fabrics or hair Skin discoloration, skin rash, peeling, transient local oedema.
- Contraindications: Hypersensitivity
ABOUT BENZOYL PEROXIDE 4% COMPONENT
Acne is the common cause of spots. Most people with acne are aged between 12 and 25, but some older and younger people are affected too. Small sebaceous glands lie just under your skin surface and make an oil (sebum) that keeps your skin supple and smooth. Tiny pores on your skin allow the sebum to come on to the surface of your skin. In acne, some of these pores become blocked, causing small pimples, blackheads and whiteheads.
Brevoxyl 4 Percent Benzoyl peroxide has three actions – it kills germs (bacteria), it reduces inflammation and it helps to unplug blocked pores. You can buy Brevoxyl 4 precent benzoyl peroxide without a prescription at okdermo skin care store. It comes in different brand names and strengths – there is a 2.5%, 4%, 5% and 10% strength.
Benzoyl peroxide 4% is also available in combination preparations used for acne. It can be combined with an antibiotic component called clindamycin (brand name Duac® Once Daily), or with another medicine used for acne, called adapalene (brand name Epiduo®). Both of these preparations should be used as directed by the dermatologist.