What is 0.1% Betamethasone Cream
Betamethasone cream Betnovate is manufactured by reputable GSK GlaxoSmithKline, is classed as a potent topical anti-inflammatory solution. Topical Betnovate cream is used in addition to medicated emollient solutions for treating inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis. Betnovate cream is used when patches of eczema or dermatitis flare up. Betamethasone Valerate 0.1% relieves the symptoms of a flare-up by reducing inflammation, itching, and redness. It is not a cure for the condition, but it will help to relieve the symptoms. Short courses of betamethasone may also be prescribed for the treatment of psoriasis for small areas such as the scalp, soles of the feet, or palms of the hands. Betamethasone cream is effective in the following conditions:
- Eczema and psoriasis of various types;
- Skin inflammation due to allergic contact dermatitis or irritant contact dermatitis;
- Inflammatory skin condition with greasy, red and scaly areas – seborrheic dermatitis;
- Thickened skin rash caused by excessive scratching to relieve itching (neurodermatitis, eg lichen simplex);
- An eruption of hard nodules in the skin accompanied by intense itching (prurigo nodularis);
- Skin disorder causing a flat, itchy, violet rash, usually on the wrists, shins, lower back and genitals (lichen planus);
- Inflammatory skin disease is known as discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE);
- Intense and widespread reddening of the skin (generalized erythroderma);
- Reactions to insect bites and stings.
How Betamethasone Valerate cream works
Betnovate cream contains the active ingredient betamethasone valerate o.1% – a potent corticosteroid, which is a type of component created to reducing skin inflammation. Skin inflammation may occur as a result of an allergic reaction, or irritation of the skin. It is caused by the immune system releasing substances that make blood vessels in the skin widen. This makes the irritated area become red, swollen, itchy and painful, as is seen in dermatitis or eczema.
When Betnovate Betamethasone Valerate 0.1% cream is applied to the skin it acts inside cells to decrease the release of these inflammatory substances – this reduces swelling, redness and itching. The cream is prescribed to treat various inflammatory skin disorders that have not responded to milder corticosteroids. Betnovate Betamethasone Valerate 0.1% cream is suitable for moist, weeping areas of skin, dry, scaly areas of skin, hairy areas, or when a minimal application to a large area of skin is needed.
Common side effects of Betamethasone Valerate cream
Patients who take Betnovate cream may suffer from such side effects: skin thinning, contact dermatitis. Consult your dermatologist first prior to buying any topical cream.
Where to buy betamethasone valerate cream safely
You can order/buy Betnovate betamethasone valerate cream/topical ointment in okdermo skin care store.