What is Asthalin® Respules (Salbutamol/Albuterol 2.5mg)?
Asthma is a restrictive chronic respiratory condition associated with shortness of breath, airway inflammation, wheezing, and excessive mucus production. As a result, respiration becomes difficult. So the inhalation of bronchodilators like salbutamol can help in relieving the above symptoms. The combination of emphysema and chronic bronchitis results in COPD. Both of these conditions can make the gas exchange process difficult and insufficient. Therefore bronchodilators can help in reversing the symptoms.
Asthalin Respules (Ventolin Generic) do not belong to the over-the-counter medications. And they are indicated to use under medical supervision. You can start using an inhaler after the physician’s prescription. There may be drug interactions and side effects associated with the inhalers. Therefore physician help is compulsory to decide which inhaler support you the most.
You may feel comfortable, and the symptoms of your condition may run away when you start using the inhaler frequently. But it is not recommended to stop the inhaler usage although you are free from symptoms. As asthma and COPD are chronic diseases, continuous inhaler usage is essential to manage the condition.
Side effects of Asthalin® Respules (Salbutamol/Albuterol 2.5mg)
The majority of the side effects associated with the Asthalin Repsules do not require special consultation. If these side effects do not resolve with time, consult a physician to get advice. Common side effects headache, irritation of the oral cavity and throat, tremors, tachycardia.
Directions for usage of Asthalin® Respules
Measure the prescribed medication dose and add it to the nebulizer mask. Take the nebulizer device and plug it into the power. Now check whether the machine works properly or not. Connect the nebulizer mask to the nebulizer machine. Apply the face mask to the face. Now switch on the nebulizer machine. Breathe in via the mouth and exhale through the nose. Continue to inhale and exhale for around 5min until you feel the nebulizer solution is finished.
Stop the nebulizer machine and remove the mask. Now you can dispose of the mask or reuse it by washing it with running water. If you need to cough and expectorate the mucus and discard them properly. Use hygienic procedures and prevent transferring any infections to the people nearby.
- Never stop the usage until your physician decides it. Because the sudden actions can result in withdrawal symptoms, which can worsen the condition.
- Never use the medication if you have any other conditions associated with lungs and muscles.
- Notice the physician if you have sleeping disorders.
- Try to avoid alcohol usage with the inhaler.
- Be cautious with liver diseases and thyroid diseases.
- If there is any chance you become pregnant, or you decide to become pregnant in the future, discuss with the physician to rule out other risk factors.
- Stop the usage if you start breastfeeding because the medication can travel to the baby through breast milk.
- Be cautious when driving after the inhalation of salbutamol.
- Asthaline Respules may be manufactured with including lactose, be cautious if you have intolerance against lactose.
- Salbutamol can interact with other medications such as beta-blockers, antidepressants, oral contraceptives, antianxiety drugs, etc. Therefore, notify the physician if you are using any medication for any disease.
- Home remedies, herbal products, and specific vitamins can interact with salbutamol. So be cautious when using such products with inhalers. The drug’s action can get altered when interacts with other products.
- Asthalin Respulses are contraindicated for patients with hypersensitivity to salbutamol.